• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TravisPlaysXbox

TravisPlaysXbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hey guys im new here and ran into a problem with my Xbox 360 (2008 model). When i plug the power brick into my xbox 360 the light goes from yellow to red, it happens before i even push the power button on the system, when i do press the power button it doesn't do anything. I've tried searching but with no avail. I tried taking the xbox apart and looking at the motherboard for bad solder joints or broken capacitors but couldn't find anything noticeably bad. I have tried other power bricks and same thing happens. Also I have checked the USB ports for bent prongs. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks!

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

It is the usual behavior of fried MOSFET on your mainboard. Check the usual suspects with a multimeter. Look in the forum, for older posts.

#3 DigitalDarkness90

DigitalDarkness90

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(TravisPlaysXbox @ Apr 29 2011, 12:49 AM) View Post

Hey guys im new here and ran into a problem with my Xbox 360 (2008 model). When i plug the power brick into my xbox 360 the light goes from yellow to red, it happens before i even push the power button on the system, when i do press the power button it doesn't do anything. I've tried searching but with no avail. I tried taking the xbox apart and looking at the motherboard for bad solder joints or broken capacitors but couldn't find anything noticeably bad. I have tried other power bricks and same thing happens. Also I have checked the USB ports for bent prongs. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks!

If you have done some soldering work on your mobo or any where in the xbox check all joints are secure, make sure also no cables are getting pinched as that may cause the box to short . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users