#1 GoGPT

GoGPT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hey biggrin.gif

I'm new at the Forum and i need some help with my xbox :/

One day, i turn on my xbox and just say on screen: Evo X.. blabla XBOX, then my screen turns to black.. like nothing happens, and i didnt do anything :|

help me :\

GoG, Portugal

#2 Induvidubly

Induvidubly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games Etc., Guitars, Drums, Music. The usual.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Take a look at everything generally. It could be:

- HDD failure, e.g. HDD cabling etc or actual HDD Failure.
- Data corruption with EvoX, depending on where your xbox is located it could be this. If it's close to a speaker or magnetic source etc. Or if you had some sort of power surge/brown out.

Think about your xbox's age.. how long have you had it? If you have a v1.0 or very old xbox, the HDD is likely to be the issue. Though most likely it's one of these two problems, and I'd say 9 times out of 10, it can't be fixed, given that you DIDN'T do anything. Though sometimes 'not doing anything' is enough to 'do something' that you didn't even notice you did.

If you're comfortable doing so and have the tools, open up your xbox, clean it out, and inspect all elements of it.

- induvidubly.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

My immediate thought on reading the OP description was that his is a chipped machine and maybe there is a problem with that. He could try cold booting a game or, better, a rescue disc of some sort to see what happens. Might tell us something about what is and isn't functioning properly.

But until we're supplied with more details speculation is all that can be offered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users