6 replies to this topic

#1 Monkers

Monkers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hi smile.gif

I bought a "faulty" xbox off eBay last week with an update error hoping for an easy fix, but it hasn't turned out that way. It boots up past the logo and then says update failed, please reconnect hard drive to continue.

The boot logo looks like a kinect dash (green/yellow ribbons) so I tried all the kinect updates on usb, then on disk but it still won't continue the update. Is there anything else I can do to get this running?

Thanks for reading smile.gif

#2 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE(Monkers @ May 5 2011, 01:23 PM) View Post

Hi smile.gif

I bought a "faulty" xbox off eBay last week with an update error hoping for an easy fix, but it hasn't turned out that way. It boots up past the logo and then says update failed, please reconnect hard drive to continue.

The boot logo looks like a kinect dash (green/yellow ribbons) so I tried all the kinect updates on usb, then on disk but it still won't continue the update. Is there anything else I can do to get this running?

Thanks for reading smile.gif

You can clear the cache to clear the failed updates by i think holding the sync button while booting ?
Search for E71 fix.

#3 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

Just put the file matching the current version (the one you are trying to update to) on a USB stick, (i.e. E:/$SystemUpdate) put it in your 360, and power up. If you have the right one it will finish updating and boot to the dashboard.

You can tell which you need from the error code, PV = Present Version, CV = Current Version (one you need on the stick)

PV:2.0.6683.0 CV:2.0.7357.0

As hangover says, make sure you're holding in the sync button while you hit the power button as this will clear the cache and force the update from the USB stick.

Edited by Buzzcut, 06 May 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#4 power-consoles

power-consoles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:moddin sellin stuff, and partyin
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

I had too do the same thing on a few of my consoles,

#5 Monkers

Monkers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ May 6 2011, 09:17 AM) View Post

Just put the file matching the current version (the one you are trying to update to) on a USB stick, (i.e. E:/$SystemUpdate) put it in your 360, and power up. If you have the right one it will finish updating and boot to the dashboard.

You can tell which you need from the error code, PV = Present Version, CV = Current Version (one you need on the stick)

PV:2.0.6683.0 CV:2.0.7357.0

As hangover says, make sure you're holding in the sync button while you hit the power button as this will clear the cache and force the update from the USB stick.

Unfortunately I am not getting a PV or CV error message so I can't figure out which exact update it needs. It looks like it has a kinect dashboard from looking at the splash screen on boot up (green/yellow) but none of the kinect updates have worked from a usb stick or from disk, both with and without holding the sync button.

It is doing something weird to the memory stick though, sometimes it fills it full of garbage characters and files, sometimes the update vanishes, sometimes the stick needs to be reformatted before the pc will see it.

This 360 cost me 5 so its not that big of a deal, just hate to lose it when it could be fixed smile.gif

#6 alanewake

alanewake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

Use the last dashboard 12625...
try an other USB key or other hard-disk...it works for me some times..

#7 justathief

justathief

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

Maybe someone has tried the new beta dash and then re-flashed the old FW to the dvd, making it crash at boot-up?
I seem to remember reading that happens when you re.flash LT to a drive that's been flashed by the dashboard for the new xgd3 discs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users