• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jord4n007

jord4n007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

I have ATT Uverse tv service and I have been using an xbox 360 as a reciever. I just got another xbox and JTAG'd it, but I would also like to use this xbox as a reciever. I hav the software to install uverse that I used on the nonjtag. The problem is, the installer requires me to sign into xbox live to perform the install. Once the install is over it adds a new option on the dash after "Windows Media Center". I can then launch the uverse option and watch TV without logging into xbox live. I even made sure by deleting all profiles from the xbox and blocking xbox live in the parental controls and the uverse continued to work perfectly. So basically xbox live is only required for the install. I am fairly certain that it is only requiring xbox live sign in for some random reason and because based on the size of the cd image it looks like all of the software is on the disc and not being downloaded from xbox live. I have tried installing the software on my nonjtag and swapping the harddrives but when i did that the uverse option did not appear on the NXE dash on my jtag so I'm assuming it is stored (or at least pointed to) wherever the retail xbox dash is stored (internal flash?). Does anyone know of anyway i can bypass this xbox live check on the installer? Unpack the iso and manually install it? Or log into xbox live for long enough to install it (assuming this box isnt already banned, it was used)?

Thanks

#2 jord4n007

jord4n007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

More info: I have discovered some ATT u-verse files on the harddrive. In Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\FFFE07DF\00040000 there are three files:

1) IptvClient
2) IptvContent
3) Iptv Data

I'm pretty sure these are for uverse. Im gonna try and yarisswap the 00040000 folder then put it back on and see if uverse shows up in the nxe dash.

#3 jord4n007

jord4n007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

well that didn't work sad.gif

it now shoes the three ATT items w/ ATT logo as the icon when I goto:
"System Settings->Memory->Harddrive->System Items"

but there is still no ATT U-verse option on the "my xbox" menu between "picture library" and "windows media center"

also, there is supposed to be an ATT U-verse option in the "system settings" page at the very bottom, but it is not showing either.....grrrr

there has got to be a way, im thinking it may install/modify something on the "flash" and being that I can read/write to flash from FTP, this should be possible, but its gonna be a PITA

#4 mrgodai

mrgodai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

any updates on this? i'm very interested.

#5 Tattoozit

Tattoozit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(mrgodai @ May 17 2011, 11:16 PM) View Post

any updates on this? i'm very interested.

as am I, being a u-verse subscriber. this would be a nice addition to my jtag...

#6 manbearpig_06

manbearpig_06

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Who the fuck has so little interests that it can fit in 100char?
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

Seeing as it needs an added context menu to even actually uninstall it, it probably adds something to your flash. And it doesn't seem to add it to your flash unless you are connected to xbox live when they activate it.

Edited by manbearpig_06, 10 June 2011 - 06:22 AM.

#7 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

As I am helping Manbearpig_063 I got the installer to run on J.T.A.G. but errors

finding the issue and will post xex patch for everyone smile.gif

#8 Tattoozit

Tattoozit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(ddxcb @ Jun 11 2011, 05:13 AM) View Post

As I am helping Manbearpig_063 I got the installer to run on J.T.A.G. but errors

finding the issue and will post xex patch for everyone smile.gif

so...any progress with this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users