2 replies to this topic

#1 merglah

merglah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hello all,
I paid someone to mod my 360 around 6-8 months ago. I was told they would be soldering a mod chip onto it. After having it done I had no problem playing backups, but recently I have been unable to play the newer wave backups (AC:Brotherhood was the first one I had an issue with). So now I am attempting to update the firmware on my drive to enable these to work. I took the 360 apart and noticed that my LiteOn drive is FW Ver. 74850C (according to the sticker).

The mod chip on the disc drive is an Xecutor LT Switch 1.5. I am not sure exactly how mod chips work and I no longer live near the person that originally did the work so I can't ask him. All of the information I find seems to be hacking from scratch or updating soft-modded drives so I am here seeking assistance.

Is there any way to update a drive that has this chip installed?
The most common mod I see regards ixtreme, is that an option being that the drive has been hardware modded?

If neither of these are possible, I would greatly appreciate any advice on what someone more experienced would do in my situation.

Thank you for all your responses.

Edited by merglah, 09 May 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#2 merglah

merglah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

I did a bunch of searching and found out that there is an additional piece of hardware called a CK3 used when flashing with this chip. I guess that nullifies my original questions, so now I just need to know if that piece is required every time a flash is done or just for the initial flash?

Thank you.

#3 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

That is not a mod chip. the drive has an outdated custom firmware on it. As long as you still have the backup of the drives firmware you can just use that to create an updated LT+ firmware that you can flash to the drive.

Go HERE to get info on your drive and download the latest Jungle Flasher tutorial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users