Photo

What Are My Options To Play Backed Up Games? (beta Dash)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guitarwolf

Guitarwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

I want to play backed up games. I never did this before and am seriously considering it. I have the new disc format beta dash and was told I will have problems if I want to mod, especially when the new dash update rolls around. What are the risks? I don't want to have my box banned. Can I just use the custom firmware and be alright? Should I just wait until an official firmware comes out or will it make no difference?

Thank you for any help.

I am using a 250gb slim model.

Edited by Guitarwolf, 09 May 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

You better wait until the official dashboard comes out and a new custom firmware is made.

As long as you are not on a Slim console you can flash an older LT+ firmware to the drive if you already have the drive key but this will block you from being able to update the dashboard anymore in the future for the time being.

Just wait.....

#3 Guitarwolf

Guitarwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ May 9 2011, 05:44 PM) View Post

You better wait until the official dashboard comes out and a new custom firmware is made.
As long as you are not on a Slim console you can flash an older LT+ firmware to the drive if you already have the drive key but this will block you from being able to update the dashboard anymore in the future for the time being.

Just wait.....

I have the slim so your advice is to wait? When is the new dash hitting? August?

Edited by Guitarwolf, 09 May 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

There is no official date but August is as good a date as any I guess.

If you must have a modded console now you would be better off looking for a cheap used one at a pawn shop or something.

#5 Guitarwolf

Guitarwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ May 9 2011, 07:12 PM) View Post

There is no official date but August is as good a date as any I guess.

If you must have a modded console now you would be better off looking for a cheap used one at a pawn shop or something.

Alright thanks for the info dude. I'm going to wait until the new update hits and look for a used one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users