#1 XBLamer

XBLamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 11:53 AM

If you have requirements for the new Xploit then maybe you could put them here

1, A method via the keypad to disable / enable or if you want to remove and restore xbox to original status

2, A method via the keypad to create a new memory card that will allow you to mod someone elses xbox at the push of a button (lets get some MLM modding happening)

3, A method via the keypad to log onto a url and auto download/install the latest version of exploit to your hard disk (so we have some auto patching) or maybe even if every time you boot your xbox goes off to see if there is a new version like your virus software

4, A method to update your dash to the compatable version on install before Xploit is applied.

5, A way to install by just booting off a CD (If your going to dream then dream big)

#2 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:13 PM

I think its fine the way it is IMO, it stops newbies (ps although i have next to no posts, i am not a newb, ive been around from the beginning) from using it, and the less people that use it, the less chance MS will do something about it!

#3 XBLamer

XBLamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 01:07 PM

WHATS WRONG WITH HELPING NEWBIES

#4 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (XBLamer @ Jul 6 2003, 03:07 PM)
WHATS WRONG WITH HELPING NEWBIES

yeah too much Newbie bashing .... doesnt hurt to give someone a little help. Its not like its a private exploit.

Edited by Dunny, 06 July 2003 - 01:26 PM.

#5 Xalon

Xalon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

I can't wait till you can install this exploit by just inserting a cdrw.

By than i can finally release some of my shareware games to the xbox smile.gif)

Imagine what an awesome hobby programmer platform the xbox would make ! ( its beyond me that they ignored this whole possible market in first place ! )

#6 D3AdMan

D3AdMan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 03:44 PM

ph34r.gif
I agree.. what the fking fk is wrong with helping a guy out once in a while??
You were a turd nooB too once pphead... mad.gif blink.gif
jester.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#7 XBLamer

XBLamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:03 PM

When you think about it this new Xploit is far superior to any mod chip on the market especially if there is an auto or manual update facilaty so no matter what M$ do you will always have the fix to resolve it instantiously.

I would really like to thank Free X and the developers of loader and evox and look forward to all the new versions to come.

New requirement

Combine LED fix into this version

thanks

#8 GJCD

GJCD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 06:06 PM

yaazz, your mother is calling you for dinner, idiot!!! ph34r.gif grr.gif

#9 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:13 PM

no, i think you misunderstood, what I meant is that this is a glorious day for xbox hacking, and the less people who use it, the less effort MS will put into stopping it!

#10 GJCD

GJCD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:04 PM

Only you want to use it right?

Listen, the only way to grow your knowledge is sharing it with the others so they can tell you what you did wrong.

If nobody teached you what you know, you would be always a newbie.

#11 newb0x

newb0x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:22 PM

my only requirement right now is release something that works with 1.1 Xbox's biggrin.gif

#12 msn25

msn25

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:50 PM

XBLAMER....everytime i see you post something....

...YOU YET TO NOT SURPRISE ME WITH YOUR IGNORANCE...

where do you get off saying something as FUCKING RETARDED as this:

When you think about it this new Xploit is far superior to any mod chip on the market especially if there is an auto or manual update facilaty so no matter what M$ do you will always have the fix to resolve it instantiously.

I would really like to thank Free X and the developers of loader and evox and look forward to all the new versions to come.

New requirement

Combine LED fix into this version

thanks

...do you own an xbox? ... do you even know what the fuck you are talking about half the time? id suggest THINKING before TYPING from now on!

ok?

Im sorry I keep reading over your post...and i just cant contemplate something/someone SO FUCKING stupid... ohmy.gif

Edited by msn25, 06 July 2003 - 10:54 PM.

#13 XBLamer

XBLamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:14 AM

XBLAMER....everytime i see you post something.......YOU YET TO NOT SURPRISE ME WITH YOUR IGNORANCE...where do you get off saying something as FUCKING RETARDED as this:...do you own an xbox? ... do you even know what the fuck you are talking about half the time? id suggest THINKING before TYPING from now on! ok? Im sorry I keep reading over your post...and i just cant contemplate something/someone SO FUCKING stupid...

MSN

I am confused in relation to your recent post and what your concern is with my post. If you could please elaborate on exactly what you find "FUCKING RETARDED" (I assume you are referring to me be intellectually handicapped in some form) in relation to my comments. Auto updating software is quite common and the majority of antivirus programs function using this method of auto updating today.

Yes I do own an xbox 1.0 with an 80 Gigabyte western digital drive running Gentoox Linux. I have a mod chip to run Linux (home made but now disabled) and only all original games.

I have a Degree in Electrical Engineering, I know C++ Java Perl and several other languages as well as a basic knowledge of assembler on various CPU's including 80X86 and some RISC chips. I have 18 years experience in the computer industry (although I actually started programming at the age of 14 in hexadecimal on a Z80 based home made computer) and I now work as a project manager (PMP) for a large computer company. If you would like me to send a full copy of my resume I would be more than happy to.

If you could please provide us with some background on yourself I would be interested in perusing your curriculum vitae so I can understand on what authority you base your comments and how you are able to formulate an opinion on my intellectual capacity from reading my posts.

Thank You

Edited by XBLamer, 07 July 2003 - 09:31 AM.

#14 IntestineMan

IntestineMan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:05 AM

This fix has several issues that may or may not be fixable:

- you cannot run MS Dashboard anymore to configure Savegames, set time/date, change video mode, configure XBLive etc.

- you cannot disable it easily to play XBLive.

- You cannot easily add a replacement hard-drive without using a PC or another modified Xbox. People keep sayin that all you need is any locked HDD but that is not entirely true. It must be locked for each particular Xbox and the HDD itself is part of the hash. How are you going to easily get the HDD key for new drive if you cannot boot the Xbox with the replacement drive in it?

A few of these things are fixable.

The HDD can be replaced but it is probably more pain and messing around than just going and getting a modchip.

Someone said that they were able to run the dashboard from a different folder but I tried this with 2 different revisions of dashboard and could not run it with Free-X. I believe the person who claimed this just moved the dash somewhere else and ran with a modchip and not Free-X - the dashboard probably just went back to C: and loaded its fonts from there instead even though it was run from a different folder initially.

A new homebrew replacement dashboard to handle most functions of existing dash is quite possible though. Once could also have utility that resets the font files so next reboot will load stock dashboard. Then use the audio hack to launch a utility that resets the font files back. This would be pretty slick.

It is my opinion that the Free-X dash exploit is more suitable to those who wish to run linux on their Xbox or homebrew apps like XBMP and some emulators etc. Controlled apps is the key. For those who wish to use for running future backups and XBLive are at the mercy of MS. I can just see few months from now all the people going to rent a new game that contains dashboard protection - run it in their Free-X setup and it trashes their Xbox haha.

Edited by IntestineMan, 07 July 2003 - 03:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users