Oldxboxusa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hey guys,
i have a XBOX with a SmartXX V3 ( 500GB HDD) Chip and on the Mainboard is the Samsung Ram and the DVD ROM is a Samsung.
I have read that the M8+ only for the 1.6b Mainboards is, is that right?
So only the M8 1.6 bios can be modded with EVTool and Kernelbasher.

Does the M8 1.6 BIOS working only with boxes before the 1.6 or is it also with my? Or do I must have fear that I might destroy the box?

I would like to editing the Xbox Logo (not The X) but with the M8+ it doesn't works.

I have read that only 1.6b Boxes must have the M8+ because there was the cheaper hynix ram in it.

Does anyone can give me a answer?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Use M8+ 1.6. It can be edited with EvTool, and works on all 1.6 versions.

Better still, use X2.5035 1.6.

#3 Oldxboxusa

Oldxboxusa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

yes I knew that the m8+ bioses are for all 1.6er, but I can not edit it with kernelbasher.

The X2.5035 1.6 is very funny to edit with the ini file. But i'm from germany and we have the following letters ,, (in my language it means umlaut, but i don't know the englisch word for it) and the x2 bios can not do anything with it - this is the reason why files with these letters can not be uploaded via ftp.

Many Songs on my Xbox are in German, and i have no time to rename many GB of Musik.

However,my only question is if the m8_1.6 bios damages my 1.6er xbox, or not.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

It's also called umlaut in English. x2config.ini doesn't have any parameters that need the umlaut, so that's not a reason for not using it.

Use EVTool to edit the BIOS instead of Kernelbasher.

The older 1.6 BIOS should work, but if it doesn't it's not a problem, because on the next boot you can select a different bank on the SmartXX chip.

#5 Oldxboxusa

Oldxboxusa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

Than you for your reply..
of course the older m8 works perfect on the 1.6er box. but the question ist already whether the hardware from the xbox can damage with this bios or not. For my needs (as an old tinkerer) the m8 is very useful. The XBOX Logos (the text) that are after the installation from the kernelbasher are for me the best reason. especially since I'm a fan of the SmartXX chip. So i can use the SmartXX LOgo. I know that sounds stupid, but the way it is.

Okay again to the beginning: destroy the bios (only the m8) my xbox or not? where can i get information about this bios? Are there yet anywhere websites where the bios has been tested?

Sorry that i asking so much, but this is a gem:
IPB Image
IPB Image

or is it not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users