robertbobcat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

This is a little different than the normal. My Jtag was working just fine last night i was plying portal 2 then all of a sudden screen went weird, still sound. i restarted. it restarts no sound no video. only says "not supported mode" on my samsung tv on component. (falcon mobo i beleive)

Anyway i tried other xboxs taht work fine, different cords that work fine. still only get not supported mode. I tried putting pressure on the ANA/HANA chip with my finger and on the GPU. It has been reflowed. does it need reflowed again?

What are my options?

Thanks in advance!

#2 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

Yeah it sounds like the GPU is acting up again. Same thing happened to me. Did you send it off to get reflowed, or do it yourself? Was it properly reflowed with a smd rework station w/preheater?

#3 robertbobcat

robertbobcat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

I had it reflowed with a guy with a preheater, i dont think its the REAL reflow machine, just a griddle preheater and stuff. I am currently learning how to do this myself but i have a few junk test boards taht i want to learn how to do it first! I just graduated from college and in my first few hours i cant beat portal! sad day.

But is there anything i can do that doenst mean i have to reflow it. I have very few options here right now.

I also have another one that did the same thing, but the person tried to reflow it again, and i think it got a bad reflow because he said it had 3 different error codes... :S just looking for things to try

#4 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

There are other little "tricks" you can do, but most don't last long and are harmful to the console. The best bet is a proper reflow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users