2 replies to this topic

#1 krazyka85

krazyka85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

Quick Background Info
So I just got back into the Xbox 360 Modding Scene after taking a really long hiatus when the PS3 modding scene picked up. I am trying to find out what the deal is with getting newer games working on my already jtagged box. I was running XBR because I jtagged it right in the beginning when it all came out but tonight I read up on updating to freeboot which I did. I am now running FreeBoot 0.032 with 9199 dash

Issue with trying to launch LA Noire from xex Menu
I successfully extracted all files from LA Noire iso and have them all on my external fat32 HD. I removed the $systemupdate folder because I was scared of it trying to update to the latest dashboard update from M$. After doing this and launching the game I get an error box saying I need to update and update could not be found.

I've been reading up on forums to get up to speed but seeing how I have been out of the scene for a long time I figured I would also list my questions here as I continue to search. Anyone kind enough to clue me in on how to get this game running WITHOUT breaking my jtag? Is it possible to make a freeboot image using the very latest official xbox dashboard and still use the jtag with no issues? This way I would assume I would be able to play any new game thus far because I am on the most recent dash level. Or should I just stay on 9199 and is there another workaround to get the game to launch? IE Patching programs etc. I appreciate any help I can get and I hope I don't get a ton of hate responses back.

#2 Lurkin

Lurkin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

You need to update your freeboot to a newer dash version. It'll take some reading, and it may seem difficult but it really is fairly easy and straightforward as long as you just follow the instructions step by step. Also you will want to look into dashlaunch 2.21 Even if you do not use the dashlaunch portion of that code, you want the patches it applies to your NAND. So do some searching and reading for freeboot 12611 and 12625. I am still on 12611 but I hear they have it updated so you can go up to 12625 now.

Go here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=717888

Grim187 is awesome, this makes the whole process so much easier, and I am sure you can do a little reading to figure out how to change this so you can create a Freeboot 12625 for your nand.

Edited by Lurkin, 17 May 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#3 krazyka85

krazyka85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thanks Lurkin this is exactly the info I needed to get me up to speed with the latest modding for jtag systems. I kinda figured this was the case but I was a little scared at first and uncertain on getting the latest dash integrated with freeboot. And I'm a big time fan of "Ask/confirm with someone if your not 100% certain BEFORE you update or do anything". I actually did just update my system from XBR 8995(or comething around there) to freeboot with 9199 because I read a bunch of posts saying its ok etc. Now that I am on freeboot I just gotta build me a new freeboot according to my specs and get the latest dash on. Thanks for the prompt response I appreciate it a ton! P.S. got any favorite homebrew apps you like besides the rebooter, dashlaunch, freestyle dash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users