• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ryssy

ryssy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

hi, new to the forum but this has been something I wanted to do for a while. But feel I have been thrown in the deep end here! sorry about the essay to come...

bacically I have been fixing rrod consoles for a while now in my spare time, I recieved one today which had no video or audio (bacically when the power button was pressed it would just sit with the green power light on, nothing else)

so i opened it up to find wires had been soldered inside, i guessed it had been jtaged.

so I did a reflow, put it back together to find it booting to xell (I believe, said free60 up a blue screen)
I got a list of fuse sets, my cpu and dvd key etc on the screen.

after all this info plus more went past it just sat with 'httpd listen... http://192.168.1.99' at the bottom of the screen

i switched it off, tried powering with power button to just get the green light again, nothing else, power on with eject and i get xell again.

does this mean I need to flash/install a dashboard to this console? what steps do I need to take?

sorry if this has already been asked, I tried searching but didnt know where to start! any links or info would be much appreciated!

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

Yes, you'll need to flash an appropriate image to the console's NAND. This is a good tutorial.

#3 ryssy

ryssy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:47 AM

thanks for that, its got me a long way, managed to extract my cpu keys etc and have a nand dump on my pc now, however I am guessing its the nand dump which needs repairing to get it to boot to dash? is this a case of downloading a donor image and inserting my cpu key into it or am i missing something?

is there anything else i need to install to get it to start, as running the nand image through the freeboot maker then putting them back on the console hasnt done anything as it hasnt fixed anything... sorry getting tired now need to try again tomorrow!

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

Sorry, I should have mentioned that you likely need to use a donor image in order to create a bootable image. There are programs available which have that option. I know SneakyPeanut's Easy freeBoot has it, and there are probably a few others.

#5 ryssy

ryssy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

right ive used a donor image, inserted my cpu key into that using easy freeboot. then flashed it onto the console using xell, then reboot and every time i press the power button its still taking me to xell

its saying my cb version is 1921 according to the original nand dump I have done, i have used a donor with the same version and an earlier version and it still goes to xell, does it matter which version i have used?

p.s i followed this tutorial: http://digiex.net/gu...-12611-gui.html

#6 turfster

turfster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Music, Golf, and fixing electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(ryssy @ May 17 2011, 09:29 PM) View Post

right ive used a donor image, inserted my cpu key into that using easy freeboot. then flashed it onto the console using xell, then reboot and every time i press the power button its still taking me to xell

its saying my cb version is 1921 according to the original nand dump I have done, i have used a donor with the same version and an earlier version and it still goes to xell, does it matter which version i have used?

p.s i followed this tutorial: http://digiex.net/gu...-12611-gui.html

You need the cpukey from the donor image. I have a donor image for 1921 with cpukey if you want to try it. Send me your nand and cpukey on aim. PM me. Ill build you a image you can flash. It will boot but than we also need to flash/spoof the dvd drive with the donor dvdkey.

#7 ryssy

ryssy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

ok, i have just put that console to one side, I picked another one up with rrod 0001 to find all the caps looking fine, everything else on the board looks ok, except this one looks like its been jtaged too! however the diodes which are soldered next to the hard drive connector to the bit next to the nand chip have all been cut including the little loop wire, could this cause 0001?

unfortunately I dont have a working soldering iron at the moment to reconect

#8 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

That shouldn't cause a short as long as they're not touching other components.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users