XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:18 AM

hey madmab just wondering if you had thought about maybe updating the core for mednafenx-pce. apparently alot has been done and updated and more games playable and fixes. one other question i have for you is, you think theres a way to implement the ntsc filter from nestopia into this at all? i know the one for snes is pretty intensive. just curiius if you have looked or thought about any of this.... pop.gif

XT-

#2 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:40 AM

Well it's not exactly on my top 5 list of emus to try to update the core to and as we have been finding out with the SNES. More accuracy can be detrimental to speed. Although at some point I was considering looking at it.

As for NTSC filter. PCE and NES are two completely different beasts. All the console back then generated their images differently so we cant just "plug in" any old NTSC filter. I cant remember of blarrgh ever created an NTSC filter for the PCE or not.

With the 10fps hit we had on Snes9xbox. I'm kinda skeptical to see that even hitting 60fps. I have more hopes that maybe we can get that emu running full speed without the filter.

#3 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

i kinda figured as much about the nes ntsc filter into a pc emu. yea as far as i know pce-cd emulation did have an impact on the cpu but it remains to be seen until it is ported into a new xbox release as far as the hu-card games goes the fixes that have been implemented for those should make a difference without a cpu hit. i know some games had some irq fixes IIRC, but some progress has been made on that front.

thanks for the answers madmab, hopefully at some point you can look into maybe updating the core, i have tried a little bit, but its a little over my head to be honest. laugh.gif

XT-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users