GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hey all. been a while since I posted here. I dropped in to share some pics and specs of my long-time-coming xbox case swap project. This has been an ongoing project for a few years actually. Its been collecting dust for months up until 3 days ago when I unpacked it and worked on it. The base original case used to be a DVR and wa a gift to me from a relative. Upon seeing it my mind was a buzz with ideas so I pulled out my journal and wrote down a few pages of ideas right then and there.

So anyways this is not a finished product at the moment. I'd rather take more time and finish it well than throw it together when I have the resources to do so.

anyone looking for more pictures can check out my Photobucket album photobucket.com/xboxdvr

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

With no additional fans besides the iceberq's, the console stays pretty cool. Max temps I've seen so far are 120f or lower. It has a relatively small hdd (80gb) but is enough for a few games and essentials. I have all my movies and shows ready over lan so the size of the drive isn't an issue.

Features-
+ upgraded heatsinks to a set of Iceberq 4 Pro's (with ArcticSilver 5 thermal paste)
+ drop down door hiding controller ports
+ built in iR controller
+ built in controller wired to the front panel buttons
+ leds for hdd activity, power (bi-color leds), lan and ir activity
+ built in usb ports behind flip-down door
+ Component video out for hd + coax out for 5.1 sound
+ Tsop flashed with iND-BIOS

All in all its been a tedious process as this has been my most technical project to date.

#2 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

Nice man, I am doing something similar with one of my boxes and an old dvd player case

#3 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

Very cool Scotch. That's a sleeper for sure, no one will be able tell what it is.

#4 caaraa

caaraa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

Very cool Scotch.
IPB ImageIPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users