#1 exobuzz

exobuzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

We are pleased to announce stable version 3.0.1 of the popular media center platform XBMC
for the 1st generation XBOX (now called XBMC4XBOX). A huge amount of work has been put into this, and it features numerous additions and improvements over the last release such as:

* librtmp Support (http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/) to support many online video streaming services.

* Updates to dvdplayer’s ffmpeg libraries, including some tweaks for additional speed. Performance with h.264 for example is much improved from previous releases thanks to plenty of optimisations upstream.

* Many improvements and bug fixes to the video/music libraries and scrapers.

* Python updated to 2.4.6 as well as improved compatibility for addons intended for mainline XBMC.

* Support for encoding CD’s to the FLAC format.

* We now ship with a customised version of the Confluence skin optimised for the XBOX.

* Bug fixes and updates to many core components such as Samba and libCurl – such as compatibility with Windows 7 shares.

and plenty more!

Get your download (via bittorrent):
http://malus.exotica...BLE.RAR.torrent

More info - http://www.xbmc4xbox...stable-released

#2 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Hey good stuff! Do you think Xbins will host you guys again since T3CH has disappeared?

#3 Xboxer64

Xboxer64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

This is great news. Confluence is a snazzy skin. Some of my files that had playback problems now work fine biggrin.gif

#4 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

This should defiantly be on the main page, would be nice to see some news not related to piracy for once!

#5 exobuzz

exobuzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

I did submit it via email (where it says "submit news items here"), but perhaps they don't check the email box that often ?

#6 neil222

neil222

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Great news. smile.gif thanks for this.

#7 unclebree

unclebree

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but do I just ftp this over my old previous version of XBMC?

I'm currently using XBMC as my dash, via a shortcut (thanks again to Heimdall for helping me on that one!).

Will I lose my settings when (or IF) I do?

Thanks.

#8 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

hell yeah - this is the first ive heard of this cant wait to check it out.

#9 ---=Snyper=---

---=Snyper=---

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

Was really happy when i first heard this a year or so again but honestly didn't keep up with it.

It seems this way but I hope XBMC4XBOX stays in the direction that XBMP once was. When XBMP was rebranded to XBMC it all seemed to go somewhat down hill being they seemed to want to turn it into a money making project and trying to get away from XBOX being it was a grey with MOST of the xbox's running it were hacked and not running Cromwell. There was also the deal of they seems to no long want to add any feature that could look bad when their goal was trying sell it to (insert HTPC makers). I'm not knocking the xbmc team its just I lost interest to help out when it switched.

I just hope XBMC4XBOX continues the old ideas of making it for fun and not worrying about trying to be 120% legal if you know what I mean.

Edited by ---=Snyper=---, 23 May 2011 - 04:56 AM.

#10 InvidiousDemise

InvidiousDemise

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Anyone know if a Ram upgrade will make the original xbox play HD video?

#11 BlackOmega

BlackOmega

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

RAM Upgrade makes no difference for hd playback on the original xbox, the cpu is too weak (700mhz celeron) and no possibility of gpu acceleration =/

Great news... My xbox is still my main media player, since I'm not really downloading too much HD content yet, it still serves its purpose, really well..

I'm also really interested in the improvements on H.264 playback performance.. Was the improvement enough to allow the console to render at least 480p movies with the said codec? I don't really have the time to test it right now, but I'll give it a shot later this week!

It's really nice to recieve an update after such a long time!

Edited by BlackOmega, 23 May 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#12 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(BlackOmega @ May 23 2011, 01:54 AM) View Post

My xbox is still my main media player, since I'm not really downloading too much HD content yet, it still servers its purpose, really well..

same here, for the most part. while I use my ps3 and ps3 media server for HD stuff in the living room, my Xbox 1 in the bedroom still gets used nightly to watch some TV while I pass out, couldnt do without it!

Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 23 May 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#13 [_BRIAN_]

[_BRIAN_]

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Its so cool to see people are still working on this. Going to have to try it out here in a bit.

#14 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

This is great stuff, it's the original, still use it often out in the living room and sometimes in the game room.
I couldn't see how they could possibly improve it anymore besides HD content which I don't use yet, not a concern.
Keep up the great work guys!

#15 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

well tbh i dont really use my old xbox no-more but XBMC will always be the first homebrew that litterally "wow'd" me, yeah pong and emulators are good but xbmc took homebrew to a whole new level, in my eyes it was the only thing that kept me using my xbox 1 way after they stopped releasing games, if only there was developers as dedicated now days for homebrew, ***no disrespect to developers*** but it seems team spirit died with the xbox 1 now days people just wanna half create stuff then abandon it onto the scrap pile just as it starts to look promising

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users