Xbmc4xbox 3.0.1 Stable Released!
Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:51 PM
for the 1st generation XBOX (now called XBMC4XBOX). A huge amount of work has been put into this, and it features numerous additions and improvements over the last release such as:
* librtmp Support (http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/) to support many online video streaming services.
* Updates to dvdplayer’s ffmpeg libraries, including some tweaks for additional speed. Performance with h.264 for example is much improved from previous releases thanks to plenty of optimisations upstream.
* Many improvements and bug fixes to the video/music libraries and scrapers.
* Python updated to 2.4.6 as well as improved compatibility for addons intended for mainline XBMC.
* Support for encoding CD’s to the FLAC format.
* We now ship with a customised version of the Confluence skin optimised for the XBOX.
* Bug fixes and updates to many core components such as Samba and libCurl – such as compatibility with Windows 7 shares.
and plenty more!
Get your download (via bittorrent):
More info - http://www.xbmc4xbox...stable-released
Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:59 AM
Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:01 AM
Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:12 PM
Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:52 AM
Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:58 AM
I'm currently using XBMC as my dash, via a shortcut (thanks again to Heimdall for helping me on that one!).
Will I lose my settings when (or IF) I do?
Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:17 AM
Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:47 AM
It seems this way but I hope XBMC4XBOX stays in the direction that XBMP once was. When XBMP was rebranded to XBMC it all seemed to go somewhat down hill being they seemed to want to turn it into a money making project and trying to get away from XBOX being it was a grey with MOST of the xbox's running it were hacked and not running Cromwell. There was also the deal of they seems to no long want to add any feature that could look bad when their goal was trying sell it to (insert HTPC makers). I'm not knocking the xbmc team its just I lost interest to help out when it switched.
I just hope XBMC4XBOX continues the old ideas of making it for fun and not worrying about trying to be 120% legal if you know what I mean.
Edited by ---=Snyper=---, 23 May 2011 - 04:56 AM.
Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:48 AM
Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:54 AM
Great news... My xbox is still my main media player, since I'm not really downloading too much HD content yet, it still serves its purpose, really well..
I'm also really interested in the improvements on H.264 playback performance.. Was the improvement enough to allow the console to render at least 480p movies with the said codec? I don't really have the time to test it right now, but I'll give it a shot later this week!
It's really nice to recieve an update after such a long time!
Edited by BlackOmega, 23 May 2011 - 06:57 AM.
Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:56 AM
My xbox is still my main media player, since I'm not really downloading too much HD content yet, it still servers its purpose, really well..
same here, for the most part. while I use my ps3 and ps3 media server for HD stuff in the living room, my Xbox 1 in the bedroom still gets used nightly to watch some TV while I pass out, couldnt do without it!
Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 23 May 2011 - 06:56 AM.
Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:18 AM
Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:03 AM
I couldn't see how they could possibly improve it anymore besides HD content which I don't use yet, not a concern.
Keep up the great work guys!
Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:07 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users