4 replies to this topic

#1 jonasjonas

jonasjonas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Hello,

I've just bought a component cable for a recently acquired second hand core model 360 (no Harddisk) with a manufacturing date of May 2006 to try and output a hd video signal to my Hdtv.

If I go into the video settings of the dashboard, I can try and select every hd setting there is (720i, 10801, 1080p), but the image will always switch back to 480i! . My hdtv can except any of these signals and I have connected the component cable to the correct colored inputs.

For a short moment, after selecting 'yes' in the selection window to try and keep the configuration, I can see the screen in hd, but it quickly reverts back sad.gif , it says something like the cable is set in tv-mode.

The component cable doesn't have a switch to choose between sd(tv) or Hd, so my question is, is there a way to force hd output out of a component cable that doesn't have the switch between modes?

I think it is strange that for a short moment, flash of a second, you can see the image in a higher resolution, maybe there is something I can do in the xbox preferences? Could it be the problem exists because it is an old model? I hope someone has seen a similar problem here and can direct me to a possible solution!

Cheers,

Richard

#2 Khaine

Khaine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming and Writing. I also repair consoles + other electronics when I have the time. :)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

I've got an old JTAG that only has the a/v connector (no HDMI). Manufacture date of August, 2006.

The component cable I've got works fine... outputs in 1080p no problems, sound is perfect, etc. There is actually a large switch on mine. In fact, the cable I've got looks like this:

IPB Image

Yours should look the same. If it doesn't, then you may have a component cable incapiable of HD.

#3 jonasjonas

jonasjonas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Khaine @ May 20 2011, 06:18 PM) View Post

Yours should look the same. If it doesn't, then you may have a component cable incapiable of HD.

The cable indeed doesn't have a switch on it, though is sold as a HD capable component cable, it also has connections for the wii and ps3, so is multi functional. Also there is a brief moment where it does give through the Hd signal which is strange if it would be incapable.

I'll buy an official microsoft cable with switch tomorrow that will hopefully solve this for good.

#4 Khaine

Khaine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming and Writing. I also repair consoles + other electronics when I have the time. :)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

It could just be someting as stupid as the fact it's a multi-console cable, so the 360 has problems with it.

Technology is bloody tempremental at times. smile.gif

#5 jonasjonas

jonasjonas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Khaine @ May 21 2011, 12:02 AM) View Post

Technology is bloody tempremental at times. smile.gif

Could well be, ..

anyway..I've bought an official Microsoft HD component cable and it is all working fine now in upscaled 1080p smile.gif , I'm 30 euro's lighter, but yeah..it finally works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users