X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(zackf89 @ May 27 2011, 07:47 PM) View Post

exactly what i did when i saw the title

Still waiting for the x360 n64 emu...will be a great day when it does

seriously.. both new gen systems are hacked why are ppl still making xbox shit someone needs to work on xbox n64 wtf..

#17 demonicfox666

demonicfox666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(NADGG106 @ May 27 2011, 10:25 PM) View Post

seriously.. both new gen systems are hacked why are ppl still making xbox shit someone needs to work on xbox n64 wtf..

you do it then.... its up to the programmers what they program for , haters grow up stop moaning

#18 freakdave

freakdave

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:PROGRAMMING,XBOX...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(Hexx @ May 27 2011, 10:49 PM) View Post

How would I go about putting Surreal into 480p? It worked on 5.4 without configuration, now I'm stuck at a black screen with the dash music playing which means I'm in 720p mode. Where in the .ini can I configure the reso. settings?

Go into your dashboard (Unleash-X, whatever) video settings and disable 720p (so that only 480p is checked), now try again...

#19 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

Fuck off haters if you want surreal64 than get an xbox period its the best emulator console and continues to be updated thanks to the amazing efforts of a good amount of coders and porters not interesting in releasing their hard work on a limited jtag base. Thank you Team Surreal for this great release by far the best N64 emulator on xbox or any console

#20 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

To all involved in the project,

I know you've spent many hours (to say the least) on this project. I couldn't be more excited to try this out. The past N64-CE emulators were phenomenally polished, and worked great. I am sure this one will be no different.

I especially can't wait to see the new video preview function in action!

I have been frequently checking for this announcement, I'm super excited!

Finally, Thanks for your efforts and contributions to the scene. I have loved my xbox and all its abilities since its launch. And I know many other people here do too.

#21 demonicfox666

demonicfox666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(Master13 @ May 27 2011, 11:48 PM) View Post

Fuck off haters if you want surreal64 than get an xbox period its the best emulator console and continues to be updated thanks to the amazing efforts of a good amount of coders and porters not interesting in releasing their hard work on a limited jtag base. Thank you Team Surreal for this great release by far the best N64 emulator on xbox or any console

well said sir i have both a jtagged xbox360 and flashed original xbox and tbh i think it would be a real shame if people stopped work on the xbox especially as the original is a very stable system and is liekly to even outlast the xbox 360's lifespan
QUOTE(Bender_Unit_1 @ May 28 2011, 12:52 AM) View Post

To all involved in the project,

I know you've spent many hours (to say the least) on this project. I couldn't be more excited to try this out. The past N64-CE emulators were phenomenally polished, and worked great. I am sure this one will be no different.

I especially can't wait to see the new video preview function in action!

I have been frequently checking for this announcement, I'm super excited!

Finally, Thanks for your efforts and contributions to the scene. I have loved my xbox and all its abilities since its launch. And I know many other people here do too.

agreed its all great work and we apreciate everyones hard work to keep bringing us updates, even if there is haters it shouldnt get you down just keep doing what your doing

#22 Little-G

Little-G

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:35 AM

Thanks a lot! pop.gif

#23 Hexx

Hexx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(freakdave @ May 27 2011, 04:48 PM) View Post

Go into your dashboard (Unleash-X, whatever) video settings and disable 720p (so that only 480p is checked), now try again...

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot, Dave.

#24 radoman

radoman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

My heart skiped a beat too thinking its for jtag lol.

Seriously though what an amazing homebrew machine the xbox was and still is. My bro picked one up in cash converters for 12 quid, mint condish. I soft modded for it him then put xbmc4xbox + icefilms plugin and its f'ing awesome. This + all the new bits n pieces getting released all the time makes me wanna get another one.

#25 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:55 AM

Thank you for updates. Much apretiated.

smile.gif

---- Long version for the haters ---
to the 360 people who dont appretiate and assume that its time for change.
Its not up to you nor I what these people work on. Theire projects are there own, and they obviously enjoy tweaking things untill it is perfect (how they think it should be) And you cant just say. "ENOUGH OF THIS MOVE ON"
Too many things have been started then ended before they became all they could be, or that the creator had hoped them to be. And i think its admirable that some chose to keep developing a project even under relentless attacks from people who i will now refer to as "is this all we get-ers".
i understand how you can be upset about not having something you want when others seemingly have it in abundace, but Think about this.
What if people started making an emus for the 360 and a while after before the emus were fully finished a new console came out. and a handfull of people had it to a state where it could play emulators. And then those people came in to the xbox360 forum being "Is this all we get-ers" would you honestly think
"they have the right to be here. its time they stoped working on this emulator on this console and moved on to work on projects for those dozen people who are hating."
or would you more likley think.
"well thats just dumb. this guy is working on a project for this console, its in this consoles forum and these "is this all i get-ers" need too man up cry me a river build me a bridge and get the hell over it."

-----------------------------------------------

--short version for the haters--

This is the Emulator section in the xbox 1 forum. What did you expect! get over your self.

--end--

Edited by shambles1980, 28 May 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#26 HeeZy

HeeZy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

small bug. when i try to set my SAVES folder to E:\TDATA\a64fea57\ it won't let me scroll down all the way. it just stops after a few folders.

that folder is where all my saves were from b5.4. i now know b5.5 creates a folder for each game and saves that data in their own folders. so i load the games first, then later on i copy the old saves into their game folders.

so that scroll bug might want to get looked into. thanks!

#27 Ez0n3

Ez0n3

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for bringing that to our attention HeeZy, it's being addressed smile.gif

--
As for 360 stuff, it's a completely different architecture (Xbox1=x86, Xbox360=PPC). The programs included in Surreal were written for Windows x86, not PPC. If "porting" x86 to PPC were easy, it would already be done. If/when someone does manage to pull it off, it will be in the Xbox360 Forums and not the Xbox1 Forums.

Most developers are just people that got sick of waiting. wink.gif

#28 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE(HeeZy @ May 27 2011, 11:48 PM) View Post

small bug. when i try to set my SAVES folder to E:\TDATA\a64fea57\ it won't let me scroll down all the way. it just stops after a few folders.

that folder is where all my saves were from b5.4. i now know b5.5 creates a folder for each game and saves that data in their own folders. so i load the games first, then later on i copy the old saves into their game folders.

so that scroll bug might want to get looked into. thanks!

Bwahahaha and you guys thought I was crazy! wink.gif tongue.gif

Sorry if I didn't have time to peruse thru the code and find the issue. Got a bit hung up in my own coding issues.. sad.gif

#29 XBOX360NYMODING

XBOX360NYMODING

X-S Member

• Last Chance
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

YES YES YES
ok before i go super crazy how does mario kart run tongue.gif

#30 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

A BIG DAY in N64 emulation
In my SDTV all the games are running the best they can thanks to the ini

and now in my HDTV my mario64 looks so much more polished in 720p
I would say in 720p it depends of the games: mario64, starfox64,starwars racer,diddy kong racing are looking better and perfectly playable (its a little less more smooth than in 480p but real excellent render)
now for games like the zelda , mariokart, the memory seems at its limit and the gameplay is slow in 720p (but perheaps i could check some option to have both zelda smooth in 720p?)

I have lot less graphics glitches on the games now (i don't know if its thanks to the inis or the new rice pluggins?)

thanks to all involved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users