#31 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(demonicfox666 @ May 27 2011, 05:04 PM) View Post

well said sir i have both a jtagged xbox360 and flashed original xbox and tbh i think it would be a real shame if people stopped work on the xbox especially as the original is a very stable system and is liekly to even outlast the xbox 360's lifespan
agreed its all great work and we apreciate everyones hard work to keep bringing us updates, even if there is haters it shouldnt get you down just keep doing what your doing

Agreed tongue.gif the 360 may have upcoming games(how long will that last?) but all of its game can't compare to the amount of Xbox gamers can play on a modded console espicially since Games today seem to be less on story and originality but graphics and mindless gameplay. Next Generation may be even less hackable then the 360 and even less apps and emus for it so I think its obvious the Xbox is the #1 emulator console

Thanks Again Surreal

#32 Consoleman!

Consoleman!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(NADGG106 @ May 27 2011, 05:25 PM) View Post

seriously.. both new gen systems are hacked why are ppl still making xbox shit someone needs to work on xbox n64 wtf..

IPB Image

#33 edwardar

edwardar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Mario Kart 64 runs brilliantly with this new version - even in 720p. Actually, what I notice more than the high definition is the effect of vsync - it makes it look so much better!

Only problem for me is that my TV overscans, so some of the text of the skins are off-screen. Are there any plans for skin and in-game screen resizing in a future version?

Thanks again for an amazing release!

#34 goat84

goat84

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Installed last night and works great I only use This emu and coin ops on my reg xbox and love seeing updates you guys rock! Keep up the good work smile.gif

#35 anakoksi

anakoksi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

awesome work guys.
i downloaded the source two weeks ago to compile it myself but it has errors.
thank you for the final version smile.gif

thumbs up!

#36 crispy4004

crispy4004

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

I got Super Mario 74 (100 Star Demo) working by adding this to 1964.ini:

[635a42c5-bdc58edc-C:45]
Game Name=SUPER MARIO 74
Alternate Title=Super Mario 74 (U hack) [!]
RDRAM Size=2
Counter Factor=3
DMA=2
Assume 32bit=1
Use LLE RSP=1

Basically, what Mario 64's stuff was plus that line. I'm assuming that did the trick. The first 3 Rice Video Plugins work with it flawlessly. Also added this to the Surreal ini for it to see it:

[635a42c5-bdc58edc-C:45]
Game Name=SUPER MARIO 74
Alternate Title=Super Mario 74 (U hack) [!]
Comments=Plays perfectly
Emulator=0

#37 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

Thanks to all for this great release. Although I have a 360 and a PS3,I still get a lot of usage out of my "old" xbox. I've been looking forward to this update for quite awhile and appreciate all of the work and effort that has went into this release. Can't wait for some of my friends come by and show them this. They're always blown away by what my old box can do. My hats off to everyone who helped get this out. Please keep up the good work!!!!

#38 Ez0n3

Ez0n3

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Updated version is up with the fix for the menu path bug pointed out by HeeZy.

Mario Kart should run good. Also try changing the rom paging method to 1.0 - MK is one of the games that benefits from that. Might push the mem over though if you're running at 720.

Another thing to poke around with is setting the video memory to 0/Auto. It will try to keep more textures in memory and free them up when the mem hits 2MB free. It's somewhat experimental still.

TY for the info crispy4004, we'll try that and add it to the ini's wink.gif

Ya edwardar, we're hoping for a screen resizer in the next one. I get bad overscan also.

Edited by Ez0n3, 29 May 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#39 Rjb666

Rjb666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hi there guys, well done for the latest release!
Ive FTP'd it to my Xbox and am trying it out, i tried Mario 64 that worked perfectly.
However im having some real issues with a couple of my favourite games:

Star Wars Shadow of the Empire- all the writing on the screen is jumbled up and i cant read any text so cant even start a game, its launching with 1964 using Rice 6.11 (the default settings?)

Fzero X- When i load the game using the default, 1964 and Rice 5.10 settings i get a black screen and the Xbox has crashed and needs a manual reboot.
Im using this xbox on a standard crt tv with component video, no 480/ 720 although i do have another xbox in the lounge on a 720 LCD tv- but ive not installed surreal64 5.5 on that xbox yet...

Should i use different settings for the above games?

Many thanks for your hard work guys!

EDIT: I just tried Star Wars again using all the different combination of rice settings on the different loaders and it seems that 1964 using Rice 6.11 is the best option.
I got the game going (although i couldnt read what was written onscreen!)

Level 1 plays fine.
Level 2 when your running around as FPS i get smudges on the main character when moving around- pretty much the same as it was before?

Any tips guys, some settings to change to get it working? I remember playing this game to death when i had an N64 would be great to be able to play it again without the problems!

Edited by Rjb666, 29 May 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#40 l__Shalashaska--l

l__Shalashaska--l

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Many thanks to the team biggrin.gif

I only use my N64 for Sin&Punishment and Bangaioh, but unfortunately, i tried many settings, and the only way to have Sin&Punishment at full speed is to disable sound....any speed improvment to come for Sin&Punishment ? Or maybe others settings i didnt tried ?

#41 Xboxer64

Xboxer64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for all the hard work, I'm glad to see another release cool.gif

In 3 player (Haven't tried 4 yet) Mario Kart, it actually runs faster than a real n64 tongue.gif. Audio seems more crackly than 5.4 though, even using the exact same plugin (Jttl). I generally play on an SD tv, but I'm looking forward to trying it out in 720p. On the topic of SD, there are now overscan issues with the skin.

I did a mempak test with Mario Kart and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Mario Kart didn't work, THPS did. I didn't attempt any work around by swapping paks with mario kart, just left mempak as default. It's nice seeing the notifications back in.

Although the 4-players-looking-at-each-other-bug in Goldeneye may have been fixed, multiplayer is still a no go. Interesting bug to find. How did someone manage to get a multiplayer match to last long enough to get 4 players staring each other down? No shots fired? (When you get the gunshot and character sound effects going is when it seems more likely to crash).

I assume the online manual section on the wikidot page will contain info such as...

Benefits of the different paging methods (1.0 vs XXX)
Performance and quality comparisons of each audio plugin? (In general, assuming a certain plugin will actually work with a game).
How RSP can affect performance?

Yes, this info can be found by searching but having it all either in a readme or on the site would be nice.

Also, is there no way to get preview images to show up for the skins on the wikidot page? Right now it's just an annoyance, but as more skins become available it might be necessary.

#42 dom0012

dom0012

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

how about a n64 emulator for 360 already!!

#43 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

Mario Kart is one of the games that runs better with 1.0 paging. B5.4 would use 1.0 paging unless the person had extra ram, then they would be using the XXX method and cache the whole rom. Sound quality is effected by this. Mario Kart also overclocks the N64 so there are those speed ups. Saving a ghost works fine for me, can you be more specific as to where you are getting the mempak issue?

The GoldenEye D listing bug was noticed when troubleshooting the same crashes that we think are with syncing. Because it's random, it's just about impossible to reproduce it accurately, aside from knowing that it happens when soundfx get really excited. With all the time spent on it, the solution has to lie in a different emulator.

F-Zero X works fine for me with Rice 5.10, I like using Rice 5.60 though, with AA and Vsync on. Any audio plugin works. 720p is a no-go, so make sure its off.

Sin & Punishment is one I haven't tried.

For Star Wars, Rice 6.11 was added back in because of issues that came with the added ucodes in Rice 6.12. For this game in particular. There are a few things that need to be fixed for Rice6 and we would want to get those out of the way before picking the ucode changes apart. For the being use 6.11 for gameplay and 612 if you need to read anything :/

The manual still needs work and those are exactly the kinds of questions we would like to answer.

Quickly:
HLE RSP - by Hacktarux, costs ~2MB, gains RSP gfx, like jpg backgrounds (think Zelda)
LLE RSP - by Jabo, costs ~4MB, gains RSP gfx and allows RSP A listing. Experiment with this for added stability to audio in particular. PJ64 would use this with RSP A listing on.
M64Plus RSP - by Hacktarux & Azimer, costs ~3MB, gains RSP gfx and allows RSP A listing. This is a great alternative to LLE RSP when an RSP plugin is needed.
1964 doesn't need an RSP plugin, so HLE RSP will suffice if the gfx fixes are needed. PJ64 needs the RSP plugin so using a high level RSP plugin will have gains.

1.0 paging is known to make gameplay smoother, but Team XXX added a VMM that was intended to be faster and to prevent crashes to the IGM. Team XXX's paging method also will cache the whole rom into memory if the xbox has 128mb ram.

Good suggestion for the skins, I'll modify the template and we'll get pictures up soon enough.

Thanks for the feedback!

#44 supmax

supmax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 1.4ghz CPU 128 RAM 2 TB HDD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Many thanks for the update, mario kart works perfectly now especially the roof level in multiplayer battle, which was glitchy before.

#45 flavor

flavor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(dom0012 @ May 29 2011, 10:29 PM) View Post

how about a n64 emulator for 360 already!!

Totally superfluous with a userbase of approximately 248 jtagged Xbox360s.
And besides, why do you request this in an original Xbox release thread? 360 homebrew was DOA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users