• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#106 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Dec 7 2011, 08:21 PM) View Post

When I can get my hands on a stopwatch, I am gonna unlock the Invincibility cheat.

Level: Facility
Difficulty Level: Double Agent
Target time: 2:05

its all about where Dr. Doak is standing. hes best when hes standing out side of one of the 3 rooms right around the corner.

i played the SHEET out of this game. got all codes for all my friends in which could never beat me in multi player. (not to boast or anything)

hardest cheat is the caverns in 11 mins and change (forget exact amount) to get double rcp90's if memory serves. been about 12 years. just recalling this off the top of my head.

#107 tacoman94

tacoman94

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

is there anyway to burn surreal to a disk

#108 Xboxer64

Xboxer64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(dballs442 @ Dec 15 2011, 02:44 AM) View Post

its all about where Dr. Doak is standing. hes best when hes standing out side of one of the 3 rooms right around the corner.

i played the SHEET out of this game. got all codes for all my friends in which could never beat me in multi player. (not to boast or anything)

hardest cheat is the caverns in 11 mins and change (forget exact amount) to get double rcp90's if memory serves. been about 12 years. just recalling this off the top of my head.

I preferred it when Dr. Doak was inside one of those three rooms. Due to the mad dash through the level, many guards follow you. While he talks I would stand behind a closed glass door, blocking it. I would just mow down guards through the door. Caverns was the last cheat I got. It is a long level, playing it repeatedly was frustrating.

#109 Ash123

Ash123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

weinerschnitzel, I've been playing Banjo Tooie with the settings you recommended. It's played OK, Glitter Gluch Mine had a few problems but mostly it's been playable but now I've hit a snag. I'm up to Grunty's Industries and it seems to freeze up after a couple of minutes play. This level just crashes Surreal every time. Is there anything I can do to get through this?

#110 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

Pull up your debug info, and check if you are running out of ram. If you are, you can adjust the memory settings, either decreasing the video memory or paging memory. Does this happen with both 1964 and Project64?

You can upload your gamesave and I could take a look at it, but no promises. \SAVES\C2E9AA9A\ will have your Banjo Tooie saves.

#111 Ash123

Ash123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

Thanks mate. I managed to play through it by adjusting the settings you suggested. I think it was running out of memory. I set up the N64 just to see how it looks against Surreal. It's unbelievable how the emulator looks better than the actual console. Brighter more vivid colours and a much sharper image. Thanks again.

#112 ploggy

ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

Super Mario Star Road (Mario 64 rom hack) has been released and I must say it looks brilliant.
I've tried it on the Emulator and I can't get it to run at fullspeed. sad.gif

Here is the trailer for the game.

Edited by ploggy, 27 December 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#113 Rage518

Rage518

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

@ ploggy

I would say compare the settings for Super Mario Star Road to the Settings Surreal has for the original Super Mario 64 and see what kind of speed you get.

If you read all the way to the bottom of the info posted below the youtube video he says "Note: I am currently working on a "Light Edition" for those playing with slower computers or Project 64."

So maybe the Rom Hack is a bit too system resource heavy to play at full speed on the xbox right now.

#114 YRUSirius

YRUSirius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

I tried that SM 64 hack and it's great, it might not be exactly full speed but it is pretty playable. It's almost a very good SM 64 Part: II. It's great, thanks again. smile.gif

-YRUSirius

#115 Rage518

Rage518

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

any status update on the emulator?

#116 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Look for Surreal64CE 5.52u

#117 scorp316

scorp316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Surreal64

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

Any thoughts about adding the TremorPak Plus in the future release of Surreal64:

IPB Image

The TremorPak Plus is compatible with all Nintendo 64 Rumble Pak Compatible Games. Feel the action at your comfort level with the adjustable vibration speed switch. Now there's no need to switch the Rumble Pak and Memory Card to save your game action. The Memory Card Port allows you to insert a memory card to save games and rumble simultaneously.

unsure.gif

#118 Xboxer64

Xboxer64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

I think the bottom switch on the TremorPak toggles between save and rumble, which has the same effect as the key combo we currently use. Seeing as it isn't an official Nintendo product, no games were programmed to be able to use both rumble and save simultaneously, hence the switch.

#119 scorp316

scorp316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Surreal64

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(Xboxer64 @ Mar 19 2012, 10:26 AM) View Post

I think the bottom switch on the TremorPak toggles between save and rumble, which has the same effect as the key combo we currently use. Seeing as it isn't an official Nintendo product, no games were programmed to be able to use both rumble and save simultaneously, hence the switch.

Ahh, okay. I saw it on ebay and thought this was some kind of bundle pak. Too bad the games didn't support rumble and save simultaneously. Thought the switch was to control the amount of rumble.

Thanks for the clarification of this pak. cool.gif

#120 flavor

flavor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Sorry for bumping, but

thank you very much, Wienerschnitzel, Dave and Ez0n3 for this awesome HD Surreal!

edit: And thank you Scorp! I believe you are responsible for lots of custom inis.

Damn, Mario64 is like a revelation in 720p. Plus AA.

Back to business, move on, nothing to see here. :>

Edited by flavor, 21 March 2012 - 06:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users