shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

I was wondering if any 1 would ever port a bunch of light gun games as 1 big port like 4gb
mad dog mccree 1/2, leathal enforcers 1/2, terminator 2, opperation wolf / thunder.
Basically every darn blasted light gun game you ever saw.
There is a serious lack of light gun games out there for the xbox, 3 official ones if you count stasky and hutch.

having looked around some light gun games are on the sega genesis and cd, but they just cant be used due to no light gun support on the emus. which is annoying due to mad dog mccree being on the sega cd, (its also a dvd game thats xbox compatable "not specificaly for xbox, will work on any dvd player" but this uses the remote)

the psxbox has no light gun support either rendering another tide of games unplayable.
Thank heavens we have master system mame snes and nes emus which do have light gun support. But Most of the emus have issues with light gun due to the emulators not using the native display settings the game was designed for, Making this genre of the xbox gaming system rather pitiful.

Im no programer never really have been, all i do is repair computer hardware and remove computer viruses.
It would be nice to know if any one has done a project like this or believe it is viable.
seems if you have to calibrate the light gun for 1 game which has a lot of diferent modes that Just look and play like all the other games that would be one kick ass light gun bundle.

thanx for your time.

ShambleS

#2 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Well said Trufully XBOX is missing light gun games its a pity how hard they are emulate. Well Madmab is including Light gun support the newest snes emulator. What sucks is with only a hand full of porters left this topic will most likely be ignored maybe you'll get lucky and the mysterious A600 could start on it.

#3 K1ngArth3r

K1ngArth3r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Old thread but wanted to show my vote for the mentioned games!

That would be ace especially if they was arcade perfect.

I think Mame emulates the ones mentioned on the PC/MAC so maybe wouldn't be to difficult to maybe add these into the xbox version of Mame once full stable on the PC version?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users