• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

Bare with me as these lite ons confuse me a bit.

So I have had my lite on for a few years and had it updated by a shop near me but now Im deciding to tackle it myself when 2.0 comes out. The drive currently has lt+ and the shop emailed me the key. I just wanted to make sure that since I already have the key, I dont need to be doing anymore cutting or anything. Also can I just use my onboard sata ports? The lite on drives seem to be the most confusing to me.

Is it recommended to get something like the ck3pro or something to do the updates?

#2 Rammieone

Rammieone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Live<br />Football <br />Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

Help with knowing which lite on drive you have mate ???

Also just having the key is not ideal so even a backup now of your current firmware may be handy to get while you learn how to do it all
Have a look at the jungleflasher Pdf which explains very easy the route to follow

#3 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

Yes you can use you your onboard SATA ports.

#4 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I haven't grabbed a torx screw driver yet but I believe its the 74850C because the shop had to do the cut mod. They are sending me the key file by email. What steps should I be taking with the keyfile to get started? I dont have have a back up or anything because I have never done it before. The tut vids on youtube help alot but I dont need to probe so im kinda confused where to start. IS the key and the backup firmware all one file?

Ps be patient, im not computer illiterate by any means but new to flashing so just want to make sure i got all the info I need.

Thanks

Edited by biggyk, 30 May 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#5 KILLorBE

KILLorBE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Rammieone @ May 29 2011, 01:06 AM) View Post

Have a look at the jungleflasher Pdf which explains very easy the route to follow

Like Rammieone said, read the JF PDF, when you still can't figure it out tell us what the problem is.

We also need to know if they send you just the key or a complete dump.

#6 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

Well it looks like they sent me the compelte dump. LITEOFW.bin. and its a DG-16D2S (74850C)

DO I need to do the have tray method?

#7 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(biggyk @ Jun 7 2011, 07:18 PM) View Post

Well it looks like they sent me the compelte dump. LITEOFW.bin. and its a DG-16D2S (74850C)

DO I need to do the have tray method?

You better 100% make sure it is the proper dump for YOUR drive. Pay attention to any warning popup boxes when you go to erase the liteon cause it should tell you if you are about to brick your console.

#8 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

okay well it is from the shop that did it for me last month. Im probably going to buy a new console anyways so i figured why not test and learn how to do it, if I get banned I get banned.

#9 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(biggyk @ Jun 7 2011, 07:33 PM) View Post

okay well it is from the shop that did it for me last month. Im probably going to buy a new console anyways so i figured why not test and learn how to do it, if I get banned I get banned.

Getting banned is not the worse that can happen if the dump happens to be from another drive. "not likely" but you got to figure if they are like me they do many more drives other than just yours.

#10 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

Yeah well he asked me to send my serial probably so he could look it up

#11 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

Well i set it up and managed to be success on first attempt. When writing the outro, JF kinda hung for a while so I restarted JF and outro wrote fine that time. Tested and all good. I put the OFW on and then updated the console online. Now just to wait for 2.0

Now I do a question, when it is time to flash, Do I use the new Lite_CFW.bin it created this time before writing to drive as my source?

#12 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(biggyk @ Jun 7 2011, 10:43 PM) View Post

Well i set it up and managed to be success on first attempt. When writing the outro, JF kinda hung for a while so I restarted JF and outro wrote fine that time. Tested and all good. I put the OFW on and then updated the console online. Now just to wait for 2.0

Now I do a question, when it is time to flash, Do I use the new Lite_CFW.bin it created this time before writing to drive as my source?

Not really sure how the new LT firmware will need to be created yet. Most likely the original firmware dump should work. However it may not be a bad idea to dump the new stock firmware your drive now has as well.

#13 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

How would I go about that?

#14 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(biggyk @ Jun 8 2011, 01:29 PM) View Post

How would I go about that?

THIS is pretty much the standard on dumping the complete firmware for Liteon drives.

#15 biggyk

biggyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

I already have the key and no tools such as probe to be doing that. I thought there was an easier way.

Edited by biggyk, 08 June 2011 - 07:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users