Safety in Nimbus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:+Videogames<br>+Punk/Post Hardcore<br>+Family Guy <br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

I have a Hitachi 47 drive spoofed as a BenQ drive.
I have the original firmware/keys for the Hitachi and the BenQ

I wasn't paying attention when the update came out and downloaded the update and received the error saying it couldn't apply the system update and the last 8 digits ending in C001-0001. I chose the restore to stock option on JungleFlasher (The orig47.bin wasn't mine but one that I downloaded) booted it up and now I'm getting C005-3002. I tried opening the tray, pulling the power plug, closing the tray halfway and powering it on from the system power on button itself and it still doesn't work. From what I read that only works w/ the stock drive.

How would I go about getting my xbox to take the update? I have no interest in playing modded games so I don't see a point in waiting for LT+ 2.0 unless it won't work any other way. If I am somehow successful will I be able to play on Live? Sorry if these have been asked before but you can't quite understand my frustration. I just swapped out the drive a month ago when my other xbox RROD 2 weeks out of the warranty date and I'm on my 10th 360. :\

#2 KILLorBE

KILLorBE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

AFAIK it has to do with AP25, the BenQ does support AP25 but the Hitachi 47 doesn't (Only Hitachi 78 and 79 support AP25).

You'll need a BenQ for your 360 to take the update.

Supposedly any drive that has the same features will do: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4801422

#3 Safety in Nimbus

Safety in Nimbus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:+Videogames<br>+Punk/Post Hardcore<br>+Family Guy <br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(KILLorBE @ May 30 2011, 12:13 AM) View Post

AFAIK it has to do with AP25, the BenQ does support AP25 but the Hitachi 47 doesn't (Only Hitachi 78 and 79 support AP25).

You'll need a BenQ for your 360 to take the update.

Supposedly any drive that has the same features will do: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4801422

Damn I threw away the drive just a few weeks ago thinking I was safe w/ just the keys. So unless I can get another BenQ my xbox is bricked?

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Safety in Nimbus @ May 30 2011, 03:32 AM) View Post

Damn I threw away the drive just a few weeks ago thinking I was safe w/ just the keys. So unless I can get another BenQ my xbox is bricked?

Pretty much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users