• PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(xamphear @ Jun 1 2011, 01:01 AM) View Post

* View the MediaID of Title Updates and GODs so you can match them, and search
JQE or XBUC for matching TUs.

How does this part work. I scanned my x360 and now when I browse to content on my PC it states if I have it on xbox or not, locked or not, etc. However I don't see anything about Title Updates. It said it scanned my Cache folder, and I had the checkboxes marked for it to check with the 2 sources and I know my TU's are way out of date.

Do I need to copy my TU's to my PC and then compare and let Jtag Content Manager find updates based on what it finds on my PC? This would be an awesome feature if it could scan the x360 and then pull a list of TU's from the database that are newer for download and installation onto the 360.

#17 ravihpa

ravihpa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'll check this out, but before I do, I have a question.

Does it allow you to delete stuff from the Xbox 360 HDD ? I have a whole lot of Avatar stuff, some 400+ items that are defunct now coz of the dashboard update, which rendered all the old Avatar stuff, like clothes, toys, etc., not usable anymore, and it's a PAIN IN THE ASS for me to manually delete one item at a single time :@

Is there any way you can make it work so that it'll allow me to delete all the Avatar stuff, and I'll then manually add the new stuff later on smile.gif

Do lemme know. Thanx a lot in advance smile.gif

#18 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Lurkin @ Jun 2 2011, 10:17 AM) View Post

How does this part work. I scanned my x360 and now when I browse to content on my PC it states if I have it on xbox or not, locked or not, etc. However I don't see anything about Title Updates. It said it scanned my Cache folder, and I had the checkboxes marked for it to check with the 2 sources and I know my TU's are way out of date.

Do I need to copy my TU's to my PC and then compare and let Jtag Content Manager find updates based on what it finds on my PC? This would be an awesome feature if it could scan the x360 and then pull a list of TU's from the database that are newer for download and installation onto the 360.

Pull the TUs back to your PC, and browse them. Then there's a button next to the textbox where the Media ID is displayed that will open searches for TUs. There probably won't ever be the level of full automation you describe, it would be too heavy of a load on the surviving TU sites.

QUOTE(ravihpa @ Jun 2 2011, 10:49 AM) View Post

I'll check this out, but before I do, I have a question.

Does it allow you to delete stuff from the Xbox 360 HDD ? I have a whole lot of Avatar stuff, some 400+ items that are defunct now coz of the dashboard update, which rendered all the old Avatar stuff, like clothes, toys, etc., not usable anymore, and it's a PAIN IN THE ASS for me to manually delete one item at a single time :@

Is there any way you can make it work so that it'll allow me to delete all the Avatar stuff, and I'll then manually add the new stuff later on smile.gif

Do lemme know. Thanx a lot in advance smile.gif
There is currently no way to browse or delete content on the 360 itself. It's something I would like to add in the future, but I can't make any promises.

#19 IAmTheDude360

IAmTheDude360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

This is awesome little app biggrin.gif Combined with XM360 pretty much all bases are covered.

Means I can now sort DLC/XBLA out while watching TV (HTPC) without having to switch back and forth between XM360 and PC.

So far everything running smoothly. One feature I would employ you to add is the ability to right-click > delete on the PC source, even if its just TUs! Even better if you could multi select while doing this.

I have a cache2 folder that has a stupid amount of TUs and the only way so far to delete them easily is with XM360. This takes an aaaaggggeeee.

The only other ways really are to delete all and start from scratch or use Windows to search for the filename which takes just as long.

Apart from that tiny niggle Ill be using this alongside XM360 quite happily biggrin.gif

Edited by IAmTheDude360, 02 June 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#20 veekay

veekay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

If the Xbox is mapped to a drive via SMB would the functions work that way? I plan to check it out after work, but just wondered since it would still show as being "local".

#21 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 2 2011, 12:31 PM) View Post

If the Xbox is mapped to a drive via SMB would the functions work that way? I plan to check it out after work, but just wondered since it would still show as being "local".

I have not tested it with FSD's SMB feature yet. It's something I definitely planned to do. It *should* work, but I can't swear to it. Now that the dust has settled on the first release, I will probably be looking into features like that in order to implement a way to browse and manage remote content as easily as local content.

#22 blackfoliage

blackfoliage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

Thank you for your efforts! This is just the sort of utility I have been hoping/waiting for.

#23 jedijakeyboy

jedijakeyboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Looks great....thank you.. biggrin.gif

#24 ZBeeblebrox

ZBeeblebrox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

I keep getting an error when I scan my 360. It's usually a slight variation on:

\HDD1\Content\0000000000000\xxxxxxxxSystem.ArgumentNullExcept
ion: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
at ?23?.?24?.?34?.?39?.?162?()
(and a few more lines like this)

I've transferred the folders from my 360 to my PC (they show up fine in JCM on local scan), deleted them from my 360, and tried the scan again, but the same (or similar) error pops up for a different folder.
Any ideas?

#25 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(ZBeeblebrox @ Jun 2 2011, 06:02 PM) View Post

I keep getting an error when I scan my 360. It's usually a slight variation on:

\HDD1\Content\0000000000000\xxxxxxxxSystem.ArgumentNullExcept
ion: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
at ?23?.?24?.?34?.?39?.?162?()
(and a few more lines like this)

I've transferred the folders from my 360 to my PC (they show up fine in JCM on local scan), deleted them from my 360, and tried the scan again, but the same (or similar) error pops up for a different folder.
Any ideas?

I know about this error. Ignore it for now, the next version won't have it.

Also, I can confirm that mounting a FSD SMB path as a network drive and loading it in JTAG Content Manager works as expected. I'm going to keep FTP uploads, but definitely leverage SMB for scanning and managing content on the 360 itself in the next version.

#26 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 2 2011, 12:31 PM) View Post

I have added a second option for a saved folder. You can set one as your local folder of content, and the other as your FSD SMB share's mapped drive letter. Now you can browse content directly on your 360 the same way you can local content. It's slower, of course, but works exactly the same. Loading my entire HDD (which has thousands of files) took about 10 minutes, but after that I was able to work with all the files, and as long as I didn't hit refresh, it was fine.

QUOTE(IAmTheDude360 @ Jun 2 2011, 12:11 PM) View Post

So far everything running smoothly. One feature I would employ you to add is the ability to right-click > delete on the PC source, even if its just TUs! Even better if you could multi select while doing this.

Deleting files has been added to the right click menu.

QUOTE(jackkill @ Jun 2 2011, 10:03 AM) View Post

I wonder if you can add some simple features to the next version like the ability to sort contents by "Addon" and "XBLA games".

I use my internal hdd(hdd1) for DLCs and my external hdd (usb0 fat32) for xbla.
Also the ability to move, copy or delete the selected contents would make it just perfect! (copy and move doesnt need to be through ftp, just to a temporary folder is good wink.gif
The package type has been added as a column.

The ability to copy content is already there, you can drag and drop files or whole folders to other windows, just open up a window showing your usb drive and drag a folder over.

#27 veekay

veekay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

I was just about the test the SMB part, guess you beat me to it biggrin.gif

Looking forward to the new features. Wonder how long it will take to work through 900gb of files on the xbox

Edit - about 25 minutes so far and looks about 1/4th done. Transferring very little data so I'm not sure if that is normal if just crawling data or not.

Edited by veekay, 03 June 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#28 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 3 2011, 02:11 AM) View Post

I was just about the test the SMB part, guess you beat me to it biggrin.gif

Looking forward to the new features. Wonder how long it will take to work through 900gb of files on the xbox

Edit - about 25 minutes so far and looks about 1/4th done. Transferring very little data so I'm not sure if that is normal if just crawling data or not.
My content was about 200 gigs and took 10 minutes, so it's not surprising to me how long yours is taking. Indexing 900 gigs of content on a local disk would take a long time, doing it remotely over a 100mbit link is going to slow it down even more.

#29 veekay

veekay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

I gave up after about an hour as it was less than half done and I wanted to play something before bed. How does it do the indexing? Does it actually just read a part of each file and that would explain the really low amount of data moving between the two?

#30 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

What I would like to see is an app (or existing integration) on PC or 360 or both: That manages duplicate profiles, eg; it allows you to copy a profile and manage two separate copies on two separate MU's .I and others are now doing this for a couple of reasons, it would be handy to have a simple app (or library) that allows you to pick which profile has been modified most recently (Perhaps even update and sync achievements) and/or duplicate a profile with ease. Some lefluffie functions on the 360 would be cool also, eg; un-corrupting, re-signing etc... The combination of portable x360.dll's and the 360's native libraries would, I imagine make it fairly easy to get off the ground. I would take a shot at it myself but no-one wants to sell XDK/dev-kits these days.... sad.gif

A basic PC app for profile management (Noob-friendly and robust) would be really cool! (FTP plugin, all the better!)

BTW Thanx for ur contribution with this management app! I'm looking forward to having the time to have a look at it ;-)
I'm sure Node21 would be keen to check this out! We talked about something like this a while ago, Do you think this would work with FSD 2.0 FTP also?

Brgds/Dan

Edited by danthaman673, 04 June 2011 - 05:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users