X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 3 2011, 07:39 PM) View Post

I gave up after about an hour as it was less than half done and I wanted to play something before bed. How does it do the indexing? Does it actually just read a part of each file and that would explain the really low amount of data moving between the two?

Yeah, it's just checking each file to see if it's an SFTS package, and if so, pulling a few bytes out of the header. The lengthy time isn't so much due to the quantity of data, simply the sheer amount of filesystem calls involved in examining every single file it comes across, since everything in the 0000000000000000 folder is (or should be) an STFS package. Though, now that I think about it, I could easily make it skip .data files (GOD chunks) so I'll probably add that in. It might shave off some time for people who have a shitload of GODs installed.

In the end though, 900 gigs of content simply might just be too much to index over SMB, off of a (probably) 5400 RPM drive. I won't give up on trying to optimize it, but there's probably a line in the sand that can't be crossed.

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Jun 4 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

What I would like to see is an app (or existing integration) on PC or 360 or both: That manages duplicate profiles, eg; it allows you to copy a profile and manage two separate copies on two separate MU's .I and others are now doing this for a couple of reasons, it would be handy to have a simple app (or library) that allows you to pick which profile has been modified most recently (Perhaps even update and sync achievements) and/or duplicate a profile with ease. Some lefluffie functions on the 360 would be cool also, eg; un-corrupting, re-signing etc... The combination of portable x360.dll's and the 360's native libraries would, I imagine make it fairly easy to get off the ground. I would take a shot at it myself but no-one wants to sell XDK/dev-kits these days.... sad.gif

A basic PC app for profile management (Noob-friendly and robust) would be really cool! (FTP plugin, all the better!)

BTW Thanx for ur contribution with this management app! I'm looking forward to having the time to have a look at it ;-)
I'm sure Node21 would be keen to check this out! We talked about something like this a while ago, Do you think this would work with FSD 2.0 FTP also?
Brgds/Dan
Let's see... Profile stuff isn't something I'm likely to add in the near future. I simply don't know all that much about mucking around with profiles.

I haven't spoken to Node21 as I don't know him, but I hang out in the same IRC channels, so maybe we'll chat about it some day. The app does work with FSD 2.0, and the next version actually uses the FSD SMB sharing feature to do some cool shit.

#32 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(xamphear @ Jun 3 2011, 11:50 PM) View Post
In the end though, 900 gigs of content simply might just be too much to index over SMB, off of a (probably) 5400 RPM drive. I won't give up on trying to optimize it, but there's probably a line in the sand that can't be crossed.

Yeah, 900GiB over the 100Mb/s 360 Ethernet port would take over 20 hours—at least if my math is correct. It's just not feasible. The 5400RPM drive has little to do with it. When you're reading files at a theoretical max of 12.5MiB/s the drive is the least of your worries.

#33 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jun 4 2011, 02:40 AM) View Post

Yeah, 900GiB over the 100Mb/s 360 Ethernet port would take over 20 hours—at least if my math is correct. It's just not feasible. The 5400RPM drive has little to do with it. When you're reading files at a theoretical max of 12.5MiB/s the drive is the least of your worries.

Well, it's not transferring that amount of data, rather the size is an indication of just how damn many files we're talking about indexing. The only data that goes from 360 to the PC is some information on the file (size, etc) and the STFS header (a few KB at most). So in that case, the problem isn't one of throughput, it's one of latency with the drive constantly having to go between the FAT and the sectors on disk where the data is, plus the overhead and latency that CIFS is adding on.

I make no claims that my code for indexing is great or even good, but 900 gigs of files is a lot of files, no matter how you slice it.

Edited by xamphear, 04 June 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#34 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

lol. You're totally right. I think I was playing too much with my new Kinect and lost some brain cells in the process. tongue.gif

#35 IAmTheDude360

IAmTheDude360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(xamphear @ Jun 3 2011, 01:46 AM) View Post

Deleting files has been added to the right click menu.

You sir are an absolute legend!!!

#36 veekay

veekay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Skipping the GOD stuff would be great as that is probably 75% of my stuff

Just tried it with some local stuff and this is going to be an awesome tool, especially the renamer.

Do you think it might be possible to add some kind of sorter as well? Similar to the DLC sorter that moves things to the correct subfolders, but of course within your interface. While on the renaming topic, maybe the option to rename to the package title as an option for being able to visually look at everything easier without 58309839485934EG etc.

Maybe also an option to not refresh the list when taking actions - makes it harder when you lose your spot each time.

Edited by veekay, 05 June 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#37 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(veekay @ Jun 5 2011, 02:14 AM) View Post

Skipping the GOD stuff would be great as that is probably 75% of my stuff

Just tried it with some local stuff and this is going to be an awesome tool, especially the renamer.

Do you think it might be possible to add some kind of sorter as well? Similar to the DLC sorter that moves things to the correct subfolders, but of course within your interface. While on the renaming topic, maybe the option to rename to the package title as an option for being able to visually look at everything easier without 58309839485934EG etc.

Maybe also an option to not refresh the list when taking actions - makes it harder when you lose your spot each time.

I've already disabled automatic refreshes. It's a trade off. With them off: you'll get some errors if you click on a file that's in the list but not really there anymore (renamed, deleted, etc...) but leaving them on was annoying and caused a lot of delays. I've also started work on a local content organizer that expands on the renaming.

Renaming files to their package title is sort-of possible. FATX is limited to just 42 characters in a filename. There's plenty of content out there that will go beyond that, not to mention loads of invalid characters (:, TM, non-English letters). There's a reason the filenames for STFS packages are just hex.

Besides, the whole point of this app is to abstract the filename completely. It doesn't matter what a package's filename is anymore, because you're browsing by using the metadata.

#38 jrelax

jrelax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

hey xamphear will it be possible to add an FTP overall progress bar? Like winrar. 1 for current file and one for overall.

#39 pudink

pudink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(xamphear @ Jun 3 2011, 02:46 AM) View Post

The package type has been added as a column.

First of all thanks for this great app.Thanks for your time and everything.
Your aforementioned column is not visible in my version of the software.I have just downloaded the software,and the first thing that came to my mind is that are those versions in your post different from each other,i have downloaded this one [http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/xbox360pc/organi...tent_Manager.7z]and can not seem to find that column that should tell me which type of package my content is.

Thanks a million
IPB Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by pudink, 06 June 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#40 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(pudink @ Jun 5 2011, 09:51 PM) View Post

First of all thanks for this great app.Thanks for your time and everything.
Nope, the links in the OP are all the same version. I haven't released the new version yet, but here's what it looks like:

IPB Image

#41 HooGLaNDeR

HooGLaNDeR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Women, Whisky, Web
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Does this work in windows 7, x64 ?
Apperently i get .NET SQL errors on a fresh install and installed the both MS files from the links from the README.

#42 InvidiousDemise

InvidiousDemise

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

Not working on Win 7 64 Bit for me either. sad.gif

#43 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

I develop it on Win7x64. You need the MSVCRT installed, and make sure you do the right one. I have both installed, so I can't say for certain which one is the right one, but the sqlite dlls are x86, so maybe that's the one you need. Or just do both to be safe.

#44 vdiablo69

vdiablo69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

I also have windows 7 64bit. Installed both links above and still no go untill I installed Visual C++ 2010 Express . It worked instantly after that I also clicked the install the sql server box not sure if it makes a difference or not

#45 xamphear

xamphear

X-S Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

Version 1.2 is out. New video and download link added to the OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users