3 replies to this topic

#1 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hey guys I have a xenon 360 Jtag and I installed the extra fan mod (http://forums.xbox-s...ic=549063&st=90) and my dvd drive removed. I had the latest dashboard and all of a sudden I started getting e79 randomly and now it just shows up all the time. I redid all the Jtag connections, so I plugged it in and when it worked i re-flashed to 9199 dash through xellous and I started getting e79 again and again. This is what I figured out when I leave the power unplugged for maybe 30 seconds or more and power on it works, its like I have to do a power cycle every time to get it to work. I tried several times and this method has been working. Now my question is how can I get rid of this annoyance and can it be the south bridge chip because I read this fan tutorial and this guy from what I remember said that the south bridge chip(I maybe wrong this is what I remember) still stays hot after shutting down only when the power cord is unplugged then it cools down. The reason I ask what can it be is because in the beginning I would get e79 randomly then today it just started giving me e79 straight then I figured out this work around, I can re-flow but I don't want to do it yet because it can be software related. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I have been searching online but couldn't find a solution.

** Also I bridged the resistor I forgot which one I have installed but I did bridge the 2 points instead of removing the resistor if that helps.

Edited by Armen1er, 03 June 2011 - 05:10 AM.

#2 crazyshiza

crazyshiza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

From what I have read, the random e79 error is a known issue for Xenons with no fix found yet. It only happens to me once in awhile so I don't worry about it too much but obviously it is a problem if it happens all the time.

#3 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(crazyshiza @ Jun 3 2011, 08:00 PM) View Post

From what I have read, the random e79 error is a known issue for Xenons with no fix found yet. It only happens to me once in awhile so I don't worry about it too much but obviously it is a problem if it happens all the time.

Thx for the feedback crazy I appreciate it. Anyone else have any ideas of what I can do? I did see on the executor forums that some xenons just simply do not want to work with Jtag and they made a special kit to test out for those "special" case xenons can this be the issue?

#4 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

Just an update if anyone else has this problem I just tried holding my thumb down on the southbridge chip with quite alot of pressure and it keeps booting fine so I am going to do a reflow and xclamp fix for the southbridge. Just a heads up later guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users