Scrufdog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

I have an original xbox with a 500GB hard drive in it that I use for gaming and as a media player. I have another old xbox that I want to setup exactly the same as that box. If I use something like Norton Ghost to do a bit by bit clone of the drive can I just plug it into the 'new xbox' and have it work? I cant remember eveything that would need to be changed...

thanks

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

it should work, unless the xboxes are softmodded nothing will need to be changed. and in the case of softmods, you just need to make sure you lock the drives with the appropriate eeprom (the source drive will have to be unlocked first anyway)

bit by bit clones can take a long time, since it clones empty space too, depending what you have on the drives, it might be faster to FTP the data, booting with an unleashx cd should let you transfer everything directly from one box to the other (rather than to a PC, then to the second box)

#3 Scrufdog

Scrufdog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

sounds good.

yeah, I have like 7G free on that 500GB hard drive. So I'll just clone it. I leave all my drives unlocked since I do TSOP flashes to them.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users