Photo

How To Write Protect Shadowc Ndure 3.1 And Nkp11?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnyBlaze

JohnyBlaze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

I have used NDURE 3.1 on my PC to make my C and E drives for the xbox. I compiled config.inc for NKP11 to my liking and copied the xbe to c:\bios\bios.xbe. When I boot my main dash with the power button shadowc on I see an empty C drive. When I boot my alt dash with eject I see my altdash and shadowc is off and I can see my real c drive files. I then boot my xbox with the power button (shadowc on) and copy my retail dash files to that blank C drive. Upon reboot all is well as I see shadowc working and I only see my retail dash files, not the softmod files, but I am still able to delete/modify files on the shadowc drive. How do I go about making the shadowc write protected? I appreciate any help, thanks!

Edited by JohnyBlaze, 07 June 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

You can't, but it doesn't matter. That's why shadow C was developed - there is no file protection mechanism on the Xbox, so the only way to protect the real C is to hide it and point all file access to the shadow C, where you can completely mess it up without having any impact on the operation of your Xbox. smile.gif

#3 JohnyBlaze

JohnyBlaze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

Heimdall,

Thanks for your reply, now I don't have to waste anymore time trying to write protect it! biggrin.gif

#4 bruces2012

bruces2012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

That's easy to fix
many people don't realize it, but there will be a tiny switch on the card that slides
in one direction it is locked and can't be written on or copied from
find it and slide it the other way

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(bruces2012 @ Sep 5 2011, 06:20 PM) View Post

That's easy to fix
many people don't realize it, but there will be a tiny switch on the card that slides
in one direction it is locked and can't be written on or copied from
find it and slide it the other way

^ What the hell is this guy some sort of random posting bot that assumes from 1 word in the topic that it can post this drivvel??

Its 3 for 3 so far.. Windows registry, this nonscence and some crap about chipped teeth

These days things dont really annoy me but one thing that does is this incessant spam!

Edited by shambles1980, 05 September 2011 - 11:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users