thr4773r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

I recently went through the CFW install that Geoff created, for my (CECHG = 256MB)but had some issues when going through the Debian install. I did not have any idea where to go on the other night as the howto on the gitbrew page stopped after getting the hard drive set up. I believe it may have gone all the way if the script hadnít failed, but I didnít have some of the info right and it ended up giving me the "Oh Lawdy" response.

I did some more research the next day and found a more developed howto by Mistawes from PS3Hax. I edited his initimg.sh script in order to match my info, such as downloading the dtbImage.ps3.bin.minimal and renaming it to dtbImage.ps3.bin for my 256MB Nand version. I tried running the script, but found that my system was set in read only mode.

Thinking that I may have done something the night before which left it in that state, I proceeded to start from the very beginning and work my way through the gitbrew howto. Unfortunately, I didn't make sure that the thumbdrive I used this time had all of the files. I installed the packages for the otheros installer, setup flash, boot otheros, and reboot, but did not make sure I had the dtbImage.ps3.bin image on the usb drive.

As I had already flashed once, pettiboot was installed to it prior, but I still went ahead with flashing it again. After running the install_otheros.pkg and the other two in order to reboot into petiboot, I heard all of the beeps from the ps3, but on the reboot, I only had a black screen.

Pwr button works like it should, can seemingly put it into the recovery mode as I get the double beeps as you would during a recovery boot process, but I have no video, no usb activity, no real indication that the PS3 is capable of doing anything.

I looked into it, and I believe I may have set a boot flag in the NAND, but as I tried to flash an image that wasn't there, it ended up just blanking or corrupting my NAND, and there is nothing to boot to.

Is there anyone else who may have some input into this? I'm curious to see if I need to pull it apart and try to read the nand and correct it or if I may get off easier.

I've done quite a few other mods in the past Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, appleTV, etc., but this one just caught me by surprise. Hoping to get through it, as I haven't ever put a piece of equipment into a unrecoverable brick state that I couldn't recover from before.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to see what others are running into.

#2 thr4773r

thr4773r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Wow. Does Sony have everyone scared or is there not much of a ps3scene?

Bumping,
If anyone doesnt want to read my earlier post, (partially) bricked my ps3 after flashing the otheros to it. My ps3 has no boot functions and no USB activity.

Is there any sense to pull my NAND out and try to salvage it, or do I just need to send to Sony for their repair?

Thanks.

#3 Bon Scott

Bon Scott

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

It's very sad that your machine has bricked... Unfortunately I don't know how to help you, I can suggest you to visit http://psx-scene.com/forums/ , which site is more specific for Playstation consoles.

#4 thr4773r

thr4773r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for that referral. I checked them out, and there is a stronger knowledge base. there.
Just a little disappointed in the scene though. Seems like this generation there is less cooperation or dissemination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users