• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tedsouf

tedsouf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

I've got into a weird situation here.I Upgraded my HDD and did a clean install of everything.Offcourse i backed up my TDATA and UDATA folders to get my saves.When all whas done i deleted the old TDATA and UDATA and pasted the old ones.So far so good, my saves were ok.
But a couple of apps wouldn't work,namely dvd2 xbox and a few others.I thought it was because of the swaping of the TDATA and UDATA folders.So i noticed a new option in the my programs section that wasn't there in the previous version of XBMC that i had,game saves.From there i could see my game saves and manage copy,move or delete them.So i moved the saves i wanted to a new folder in f drive,swaped the TDATA and UDATA folders again (i deleted the ones from the previous version and put back the ones from the new) and pasted the saves in the UDATA folder.
Now the saves are a mess,it seems that xbmc messed up the stracture of the folders and now i get random save files all over the UDATA.Needless to say that no game recognises any save.And i was so stupid as to delete from my pc the old structure of the UDATA.Now i'm left with a bunch of save files i can't use.Any suggestions?

#2 tedsouf

tedsouf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Bump?

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

you could google "game name xbox save" replacing "game name" with the name of the game you want to fix, if your lucky you will find the name of the folder the save should live in..

You could also copy all the saves to your pc. Then play a game, save it and go look and see which folder was changed. then replace the save.

thats all i can think of.

#4 tedsouf

tedsouf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hey thanks for the reply bro!
I fixed it more or less anyway (prety much the way you mentioned) but it was a LOT of work.
I guess it just ucks doing a clean install,i keep bumping into all sorts of issues.For example i can't get PAL games to run anymore (namely cold fear,san andreas and a few others).With my previous version of XBMC that issue was gone but now arrrgghhhhhh!!!

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

look at your settings you should be able to run pal games as ntsc...
I have a pal system so i can play pal games but i can set the options to force ntsc games to run as pal..

prehaps you would want to check you have the latest stable xbmc i think its 3.0.1

im probabl;y not the best person to ask about running pal as ntsc though as i never had to do that, im sure some 1 will know though,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users