14 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Sudbury

Simon Sudbury

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

I apologise if this has been covered before but I couldnít find it on the forums. Situation is that I have Benq spoofed as Hit 79 with LT+. I never use live so thatís not an issue.

I know the new dash will restore the drive to stock but I donít know whether that means Benq or Hit 79 in my case. If the dash realises itís a Benq spoofed as a Hit would it still restore it to Hit stock? If so how do I proceed then? (unlock CD for Hit or magic keys to unlock if Benq).

Otherwise do I have to give up on the Benq and go back to the crap Hit?

Also Iíve only just started burning copies of my originals and theyíve all been run thru agbx 1.05. Will I still have to reburn some or all of these?

Thanks for your time.

#2 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Yes, you have to give up your Benq and return back to an Hitachi 79. Spoofing is now done forever.

Most of your games should be ok. Only games that contain ap2.5 will be affected. I guess it depends how recently you ran them through abgx. BTW, only 6 games currently contain ap2.5.

#3 GISJason

GISJason

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hacking anything w/ a TSOP....<br /><br />Modems, Xboxs, 360s, Etc.....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

If you never use live then why did you update? I don't understand why so many think newer is better which isn't always the case./

#4 Simon Sudbury

Simon Sudbury

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hi

Many thanks for these replies. Just to be clear I haven't updated but assume this is inevitable as newer games will need new dash-chicken and egg so to speak.

Have the Hit 79 and the OFW so no problem. Might I just clarify two other things:

1. Is the consensus still flash to stock, update dash then flash with 1.9? It's just that I thought that the dash update returned to stock anyway!

2. Is there no way I can spoof back to the Benq with 1.9 at a later date or does JF not allow this?

Best wishes

#5 kami623

kami623

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Hitachis aren't updated by the 13146 dashboard. However, I'm not sure if there's any checks on the firmware during the update. To be safe, I would flash back to stock, update the dash and then flash LT+ v1.1. (There's no new firmware needed for Hitachis, just need to rerun the AP2.5 games through ABGX again and reburn)

There's no way to spoof back to a BenQ because a) It won't be needed anymore since you're putting a physical Hitachi v79 drive into the Xbox and cool.gif Spoofing is detectable since the Kinect dashboard.

#6 Simon Sudbury

Simon Sudbury

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Many thanks

On the one hand you say that Hits are not updated by the new dash then straight after recommend updating the dash. Can you clarify please.

#7 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

@Simon Sudbury: This is simple.

1. put back your Hitachi with stock firmware. (you can't spoof anymore!)

2. make the update (dashboard update from LIVE)

3. after the update. Flash your Hitachi with LT+

4. Enjoy (no more confusion, i hope)

p.s.

make sure to save your original firmware. It has your key!!

Edited by tomgreen99200, 23 June 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#8 Simon Sudbury

Simon Sudbury

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

Hi

Just tad confusion I'm afraid. Understand the Hit procedure only too well. However please see link to procedure to update the dash and flash to LT +1.9 for spoofed drive. Knew this wasn't figment of my imagination.

http://team-xecuter....ead.php?t=66434

#9 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

I'm not sure what your question is but to further clear things up:

Spoofing is NOT recommended and is detectable!

If you want to do anything other than that, that is your own choice/risk.

#10 br3adofwonder

br3adofwonder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Jun 25 2011, 05:47 AM) View Post

I'm not sure what your question is but to further clear things up:

Spoofing is NOT recommended and is detectable!

If you want to do anything other than that, that is your own choice/risk.

What about a LiteOn (for example) spoofed as another LiteOn (same model)?

#11 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:51 AM

@br3adofwonder: If you are replacing a liteon with another of the same model that is not spoofing that is just replacing.

Now, to give you a little more detail, all the PHAT liteons are identical in hardware. They can be interchanged just fine.

#12 xxxgenesisxxx

xxxgenesisxxx

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

I never knew hit 79 had 1.9 out for it.

Also the HIt's are somewhat not affected.

For exp benq,samsung,and liteon drives have there firmware changes but not HITS (the last time I checked could be wrong tho)

Even the liteons on the slims had a tummy tuck lol.

#13 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

@xxxgenesisxxx: You are correct. Hitachi doesn't have LT+1.9. The latest for them is LT+1.1. They will most likely not get updated again since they don't need it.

Edited by tomgreen99200, 13 July 2011 - 04:34 AM.

#14 JB0101

JB0101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hello Guys I have a similar problem. While in the middle of flashing my Lite-on 74850 it died on me so I had a samsung drive that I spoofed to. Problem is COD, ACB, and some other games do not work. I thought I saved the key but its just the spoofed key. Somehow I was able to read the Jungleflasher log and retrieved the original Lite-on key, I updated firmware reburned backups with ABGX 1.05 and it still doesnt work. I would like to know since im not on live with this box why isnt it working? Its never been on live and hasnt received this dreaded update everyone is talking about so why isnt it working for me?

#15 JB0101

JB0101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

In addition to my previous post....Here's whats weird....I also have a benq drive that I tried in the box it plays ACB but not COD or MW2. All of my games are updated with abgx so what am I missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users