16 replies to this topic

#1 processor

processor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 06:47 PM

ok just want to know first can i load evox via 007 or mech on every kernel and after this can i flash the 4034 kernel on any version box then use the exploit i have me reson to no just flash tsop whit a exxcuter or evox bios

#2 MrENiGMA

MrENiGMA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 06:57 PM

I hope i understand you correctly........
As far as i know you will need to use the 007/Mechassult method to actually load linux, from there you can then use raincoat to flash the TSOP with what ever bios u desire.

Please correct me anyone if i am wrong.

#3 NeoKast

NeoKast

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:25 PM

I want to know the same thing, but I would flash with EvoX, forget Linux.

I know that if the new Xbox has a 256k bios, you'd have to convert that 1MB 4034 bios to 256k. Can anyone confirm if this would work?

#4 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:30 PM

this is completely pointless

you may as well just flash the tsop with xecuter2 4977 and be done with it

#5 MrENiGMA

MrENiGMA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:33 PM

Im pretty sure you would have to use the 007/MA/habbi method to get ,inux up and running then using raincoat u could flash your TSOP.

The trouble is none of the FreeX signed stuff is confirmed to work on newer consoles yet.

#6 MrENiGMA

MrENiGMA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:37 PM

this is completely pointless

you may as well just flash the tsop with xecuter2 4977 and be done with it

I agree, unless by keeping an offical bios on your TSOP you can play live games you may as well flash with the Xecuter2 bios and be done with it.

Just be sure that you re-replace the modded font file with originals b4 u reboot with flashed TSOP.
know i read that the sploit can only be loaded with an original bios on your TSOP (unless you know otherwise Ubergeek??)

#7 NeoKast

NeoKast

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:40 PM

I don't want to use the X2 bios if I can use Complex Loader and the 4034 original bios on a 1.1 Xbox.

Why? To play Xbox Live.

It's safer than flashing back and forth from 4034 and X2 bios' constantly.

#8 m.e

m.e

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:40 PM

hey newbies! Listen to Ubergeek.
To flash the kernal you will need to solder two points.

#9 MrENiGMA

MrENiGMA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:47 PM

I don't want to use the X2 bios if I can use Complex Loader and the 4034 original bios on a 1.1 Xbox.

Why? To play Xbox Live.

Yes tue but no1 is 100% sure if you will remain unbanned on Live while using this sploit.

it depends on how MS scan your Xbox to look for modded bios, if it scans the TSOP then i guess we are safe, if it scans the kernal in memory (which is what the Pheonix sploit does) then we are still fucked :S

Ubergeek maybe u can elaborate??

#10 NeoKast

NeoKast

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:50 PM

Some people who throw newb around are just dense.

Look, I know you have to flash two points on the mobo to flash the TSOP, I've flashed mine from X2 4976 to 4034 original at least 20 times.

My question involves getting compatability between 1.1 Xbox's and Complex !Loader. What I want to know is, if you can flash the 4034 bios onto a 1.1 TSOP, will it work?

I know perhaps Complex !Loader or other programs like it may become more compatible, but my curiosity is still valid.

The reason I don't want the X2 4976 or 4977 bios on my TSOP and then "be done with it" is because I'd like to be able to play Xbox Live with this box as well as use homebrew applications.

It only takes one bad TSOP flash to kick off a bad day, so why risk it if you can use Complex Loader instead?

#11 NeoKast

NeoKast

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:51 PM

God, again.

Look, of COURSE I'm not going to play on !Live after Complex !Loader patches the bios!

I'm talking about playing games I purchased on Xbox Live.

I can see the replies already..

"install a switch and be done with it."

WTF ever.

#12 m.e

m.e

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:53 PM

I see your point now.

#13 MrENiGMA

MrENiGMA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:55 PM

Didnt the 1.1 kernal have a new hash check routine built into it??

Im guessing this will not work

The reason I don't want the X2 4976 or 4977 bios on my TSOP and then "be done with it" is because I'd like to be able to play Xbox Live with this box as well as use homebrew applications.

No1 is sure whether u can remain unbanned on live yet with the sploit..........

It depends on how MS detect modded boxes.

#14 NeoKast

NeoKast

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:01 PM

It's a fact that if you log into Live after Complex Loader has patched your bios in memory, you will be banned.

I'm talking about turning off the free-x hack (rename the font file's to bert.bak, ernie.bak and rename the old ones from .bak back to .xtf), and then playing on Live. Then, use 007 AUF to enable the dashboard hack again after that.

This technique would be similar to using your box unmodded, but using 007 AUF Complex Loader save to do your mod related stuff. The benefit is that you don't need 007 AUF with the free-x dashboard hack. You can also use boxplorer to rename the files, so you don't need FTP access. Unless I'm mistaken, I think you can use backups using the dashboard hack vs just loading Complex from a 007 AUF save.

So the real question is: "Is a 1.1 or newer Xbox compatible with the 4034 bios? Will it work in 256k form on v1.2+?"

And also: "When will we see more compatibility with programs like Complex Loader?"

#15 scoobster

scoobster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (NeoKast @ Jul 6 2003, 09:01 PM)
So the real question is: "Is a 1.1 or newer Xbox compatible with the 4034 bios? Will it work in 256k form on v1.2+?"

And also: "When will we see more compatibility with programs like Complex Loader?"

It is my understanding that 4034 is NOT compatible with newer Boxes
I'm sure solutions will be available very soon though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users