• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kagekami

kagekami

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys. I was thinking about doing a cooling mod to my 360. Since I'm getting a bigger hard drive I want to put my games on the hard drive and not use the dvd drive as much except to play DVDs. I know that it's the reason the 360 is loud in the first place.

Anyways I was wondering. Would a talismoon fan just simply do the trick of making it completely quieter or should I put in an XCM V2 core cooler. or maybe both? I have a limited edition halo 3 360 so case modding is entirely out of the question.

The reason I'm doing this so If I want to have a midnight gaming session I won't keep my friends or family up. haha.

Thanks for your help guys.

Edit: I was just reading the tutorial faq and I just learned about the Iceberg 4 pro heatsinks. Should I invest in those instead?

Edited by kagekami, 22 June 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#2 kkdd

kkdd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

I've tried the talismoon fans, and they don't seem all that quieter, but if you combine them with other mods I think it will make a noticeable difference. In any case since you're not using the dvd drive it won't be nearly loud enough to disturb anybody smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users