Photo

Working On A Quieter 360 Need Your Help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kagekami

kagekami

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hey guys. I was thinking about doing a cooling mod to my 360. Since I'm getting a bigger hard drive I want to put my games on the hard drive and not use the dvd drive as much except to play DVDs. I know that it's the reason the 360 is loud in the first place.

Anyways I was wondering. Would a talismoon fan just simply do the trick of making it completely quieter or should I put in an XCM V2 core cooler. or maybe both? I have a limited edition halo 3 360 so case modding is entirely out of the question.

The reason I'm doing this so If I want to have a midnight gaming session I won't keep my friends or family up. haha.

#2 my1423

my1423

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Both of those will make it much louder. There is not a lot of good options for silencing the racket.
Best bet is getting nidec stock fans, adding a pc 120mm case fan over the cpu gpu extension to cool it more and prevent the fans from reving up.

#3 hardrock351w

hardrock351w

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(my1423 @ Jun 22 2011, 02:02 PM) View Post

Best bet is getting nidec stock fans, adding a pc 120mm case fan over the cpu gpu extension to cool it more and prevent the fans from reving up.

QUOTE(kagekami @ Jun 22 2011, 01:42 PM) View Post

I have a limited edition halo 3 360 so case modding is entirely out of the question.

Umm...I'm pretty sure a 120mm fan is going to require a slight case mod. wink.gif

I say get a jasper and swap cases, if ya don't want to wreck the Halo 3 case.( just to get cooler and quieter)

#4 masterofpuppets

masterofpuppets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Theres nothing special about the xcm and talismoon fans they are pretty much just overpriced fans. I suggest that you try and get hold of some nidecs or you could swap the stock fans for some quieter 60mm/70mm fans just search it its been done before.

#5 kagekami

kagekami

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE(masterofpuppets @ Jun 23 2011, 03:05 AM) View Post

Theres nothing special about the xcm and talismoon fans they are pretty much just overpriced fans. I suggest that you try and get hold of some nidecs or you could swap the stock fans for some quieter 60mm/70mm fans just search it its been done before.

will either of these fans work?

http://www.xoxide.co...vergreen60.html
http://www.xoxide.co...er60casfan.html

#6 mitch_thepcman

mitch_thepcman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

You will need to modify the power connectors but otherwise they should! smile.gif

#7 masterofpuppets

masterofpuppets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

The Evercool don't look like they have enough airflow, the Galaxy fans should be ok but it says discontinued on the website. 70mm would be better and the bigger the fan the quieter btw. These http://www.xoxide.co...l-70mm-fan.html look ok but you might want to use a Jasper, I can't remember the specs of the stock fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users