• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 szohaib

szohaib

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

I tried flashing it. However upon disassembling the drive, i found it its a Liteon 93450c

I have got the latest dashboard update from microsoft.

Upong googling i found out that i need the drive key in order to extract the dummy.bin and key.bin before i flahs it to the latest ixreme

I have been following the JF latest tutorial and came to an understanding that i can extract the key using PMT method as well.
So i got one made from a local electronic shops for under a quid, now thats cheap. I followed the exact method for a home made PMT.

But mate, now i am stuck.

What i do is , connect the dvdrom to my pc via sata cable (sata on motherboard not via a pci card). Able to detect the drive as and it shows the latest firmware i.e. v02510 i reckon if i am not mistaken.

When i stick that probe (HOme made), and click on phat key, it gives me an error of PHAT KEY FAILED.

The procedure i follow is, that i connect the alligator clip to 5v red molex from my powersupply pc. connect the serial port to the pc, and the probe wire i wind it around a needle and pin it on the MPX01 thinghei on the board of the dvd rom. But what i fail to do is that it asks for the dvdrom to power off first, then probe it, then plug it back in.

Here is where i fail, coz when i am holding the home-made probe pin on the mpx01 and plug the wire out of the dvd rom(which is powered from the xbox console) i am unable to plug it back in keeping the needle-probe on the spot coz its way too difficult..

is this the reason i am getting phatkey failed? :/

#2 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(szohaib @ Jun 24 2011, 08:10 PM) View Post

I tried flashing it. However upon disassembling the drive, i found it its a Liteon 93450c

I have got the latest dashboard update from microsoft.

Upong googling i found out that i need the drive key in order to extract the dummy.bin and key.bin before i flahs it to the latest ixreme

I have been following the JF latest tutorial and came to an understanding that i can extract the key using PMT method as well.
So i got one made from a local electronic shops for under a quid, now thats cheap. I followed the exact method for a home made PMT.

But mate, now i am stuck.

What i do is , connect the dvdrom to my pc via sata cable (sata on motherboard not via a pci card). Able to detect the drive as and it shows the latest firmware i.e. v02510 i reckon if i am not mistaken.

When i stick that probe (HOme made), and click on phat key, it gives me an error of PHAT KEY FAILED.

The procedure i follow is, that i connect the alligator clip to 5v red molex from my powersupply pc. connect the serial port to the pc, and the probe wire i wind it around a needle and pin it on the MPX01 thinghei on the board of the dvd rom. But what i fail to do is that it asks for the dvdrom to power off first, then probe it, then plug it back in.

Here is where i fail, coz when i am holding the home-made probe pin on the mpx01 and plug the wire out of the dvd rom(which is powered from the xbox console) i am unable to plug it back in keeping the needle-probe on the spot coz its way too difficult..

is this the reason i am getting phatkey failed? :/

I built a homemade PMT probe with a piece of breadboard i bought from my local Maplin electronics,some very thin wire which again Maplin sell and a 2.5v resistor which i de-soldered from an old Xbox 1 motherboard and it works perfect on ALL the Lite-on drives,even the 9**** series.You should defo go with a PMT probe with the 2.5v resistor method or order the CK3 Probe 3 from www.CK3.co.uk,it's dead easy to use

#3 szohaib

szohaib

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(evertonman67 @ Jun 24 2011, 09:01 PM) View Post

I built a homemade PMT probe with a piece of breadboard i bought from my local Maplin electronics,some very thin wire which again Maplin sell and a 2.5v resistor which i de-soldered from an old Xbox 1 motherboard and it works perfect on ALL the Lite-on drives,even the 9**** series.You should defo go with a PMT probe with the 2.5v resistor method or order the CK3 Probe 3 from www.CK3.co.uk,it's dead easy to use

Thanks for the tip mate.

at the moment i have a simple probe made by connecting a NPN transistor (details not known, the person who made it followed the guide i gave him), 1k ohm resistor, 10k ohm resistor all connected to a DB9 connector. I am willing to show you the pic of it. You can let me know if its all good hardware wise ? I would be more than obliged.

Thats the only thing i have with me hardware wise.. No switch to power the dvd drive on/off. Should i get that made as well to simplify my life of the key extraction?

I am not from the uk mate, i am based in Kuwait middle east.

Could you please please please please please please pleaaaaaaaaaaaase jot down the details of the thinghies i need so i can hand them over to the electrician who soldered this all up for me. I would be more than thankful to you and a circuit configuration if possible at all or you can just let me know here.

All in all, if i am on the correct path probe wise, kindly let me knwo what else do i need apart from the probe to get the key

Sorry for bothering you mate and kindly let me know about your probe and switch so i can get that made without a problem.

With your reply, i have got a life-line that i might be able to get this sorted.

thanks alot and expecting a reply mate

thanks once again

PS: the most important question. Mate, the phatkey process includes powering the drive off and then on while holding the prove on mpx01. how do you manage the power on/off? Coz plugging out the powercord from the rom while holding the probe pin on the mpx01 and then putting ti back again without it moving is real hard :/ .. Thanks for the reply mate

Edited by szohaib, 24 June 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#4 rigger66

rigger66

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

Look at post 201 for guidance.Very easy to make and you can salvage the switch from most electronic device`s

Homemade PMT

Regards

Rigger66

Edited by rigger66, 24 June 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#5 szohaib

szohaib

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jun 24 2011, 11:45 PM) View Post

Look at post 201 for guidance.Very easy to make and you can salvage the switch from most electronic device`s

Homemade PMT

Regards

Rigger66

hmm.. i have done what a noob could have done .. i accidentally TWICE plugged the power cord from the xbox to the rom. first i heard and saw a kind of tiny fire light underneath the R707 board and some smoke and smell. within 2 seconds i plugged it out though. then connected it the right way hoping JF would pickitup, and it did and detected the drive. but then again while screwing everything back up together, i plugged the cord upside down AGAIn and then again i took it ou.

but now when i have everything the way it should have been, and plugged it to my television, it gives OPEN TRAY error :/

hell i dont know what this is all about now. What possibly could have gone wrong with all what i have mentioned above?

Dvd-rom gone? laser gone? or anything minor?

Any temporary fixe to this solution?> The disc when inserted doesnot move at all

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(szohaib @ Jun 24 2011, 07:46 PM) View Post

hmm.. i have done what a noob could have done .. i accidentally TWICE plugged the power cord from the xbox to the rom. first i heard and saw a kind of tiny fire light underneath the R707 board and some smoke and smell. within 2 seconds i plugged it out though. then connected it the right way hoping JF would pickitup, and it did and detected the drive. but then again while screwing everything back up together, i plugged the cord upside down AGAIn and then again i took it ou.

but now when i have everything the way it should have been, and plugged it to my television, it gives OPEN TRAY error :/

hell i dont know what this is all about now. What possibly could have gone wrong with all what i have mentioned above?

Dvd-rom gone? laser gone? or anything minor?

Any temporary fixe to this solution?> The disc when inserted doesnot move at all

Drive is now dead.

If you have a backup of your drives original firmware and or drive key then all you need to do is buy a new drive.

IF however you dont then you will need to remove the IC chip from the drives circuit board and put it into a new one. Very difficult and not at all an easy task to do.

Ether way your problem can be fixed by replacing the console or learning very technical procedures.

#7 rigger66

rigger66

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

I really strongly advise you take the console to a pro who may just about salvage it for .

Did you manage to extract the DVD Key ?

Regards

Rigger

#8 szohaib

szohaib

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jun 25 2011, 02:40 AM) View Post

I really strongly advise you take the console to a pro who may just about salvage it for .

Did you manage to extract the DVD Key ?

Regards

Rigger

Thanks for the reply mate
Nope. Unfortunately I couldn't :/
But the drive still powers on, I can even detect it in JF. tray opens closes, but once the retail game is inserted it seems like the dasbOard resprings and again Open tray error sad.gif ... I can post the pcb pic if you want to judge if my dvdrom is repairable;usable

#9 rigger66

rigger66

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(szohaib @ Jun 25 2011, 06:30 AM) View Post

Thanks for the reply mate
Nope. Unfortunately I couldn't :/
But the drive still powers on, I can even detect it in JF. tray opens closes, but once the retail game is inserted it seems like the dasbOard resprings and again Open tray error sad.gif ... I can post the pcb pic if you want to judge if my dvdrom is repairable;usable

Well I would say that if the drive powers up ok and the tray opens and closes...then it`s alive ...maybe you have somehow just killed the lazer ? You can post pics and , I or others might see somthing out of place ?
Did you erase the drive in JF ?
instead of pulling the DVD cable wire from the drive to power down on the PMT steps you can just use the switch in between the 3.3v on the dvd cable....no need to keep pulling it out smile.gif as this seems to be your problem.

I really strongly advise you take the console to a pro who may just about salvage it for if
however you are unable and still feel comftable to continue huh.gif then you can try the below method .

Once you get you DVD Key then you can proceed as normal.

1. DVD cable Main Power ON, 3.3v Switch ON
2. Press PhatKey, then Yes
3. 3.3v Switch OFF, connect GND wire to MPX01, 3.3v Switch ON
4. After "Extract Complete" disconnect GND from MPX01, 3.3v Switch off . Wait 5 seconds.
5. 3.3v Switch ON, press OK.
6. Done!

Regards

Rigger66

Edited by rigger66, 25 June 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#10 szohaib

szohaib

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jun 25 2011, 03:32 PM) View Post

Well I would say that if the drive powers up ok and the tray opens and closes...then it`s alive ...maybe you have somehow just killed the lazer ? You can post pics and , I or others might see somthing out of place ?
Did you erase the drive in JF ?
instead of pulling the DVD cable wire from the drive to power down on the PMT steps you can just use the switch in between the 3.3v on the dvd cable....no need to keep pulling it out smile.gif as this seems to be your problem.

I really strongly advise you take the console to a pro who may just about salvage it for if
however you are unable and still feel comftable to continue huh.gif then you can try the below method .

Once you get you DVD Key then you can proceed as normal.

1. DVD cable Main Power ON, 3.3v Switch ON
2. Press PhatKey, then Yes
3. 3.3v Switch OFF, connect GND wire to MPX01, 3.3v Switch ON
4. After "Extract Complete" disconnect GND from MPX01, 3.3v Switch off . Wait 5 seconds.
5. 3.3v Switch ON, press OK.
6. Done!
Regards

Rigger66

Rigger66 and others who have helped me, thankyou very much mates.. I am really thankful for all your efforts and help

Allrite, been to the shop today.

The person who flashes all this asked me whether i have updated to the latest dashboard via microsoft's xbox update. I replied with a yes. Then he asked me if my FW is 02510. and i replied again with a yes.

The answer i got from him is that this new fw of liteon is un-flashable. Or what he was trying to say is that he cant extract the key from this firmware as there is no such method to extract the key from the current firmware. And trust me, half of kuwait goes to that guy for flashing their xboxes . He even showed me around 10 xboxes lying near him all unflashed. He says even the MRA hack wouldnot work on the current firmware.

Is that the bloddy reason i wasnt able to get the key out of the my liteon after updating it? And ended up plugging the powercord upside down out of pure furstration?

Kindly let me know if any of you out there have been able to extract the key from a LITEON v02510 using probe or MRA hack method. If yes, then kindly point me to what apparatus you lot used, so i can let the guy know as well.

as far as the burn spots on my pcb are concerned, he says he can fix them but would need some time. I havent left the xbox yet with him, would try to be there while he disassembles it so i can see whats going on during the fixing process.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Looking forward to a reply

Have a look at the burned thinghies above R207

IPB Image

Edited by szohaib, 26 June 2011 - 12:26 AM.

#11 rigger66

rigger66

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(szohaib @ Jun 26 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

Rigger66 and others who have helped me, thankyou very much mates.. I am really thankful for all your efforts and help

Allrite, been to the shop today.

The person who flashes all this asked me whether i have updated to the latest dashboard via microsoft's xbox update. I replied with a yes. Then he asked me if my FW is 02510. and i replied again with a yes.

The answer i got from him is that this new fw of liteon is un-flashable. Or what he was trying to say is that he cant extract the key from this firmware as there is no such method to extract the key from the current firmware. And trust me, half of kuwait goes to that guy for flashing their xboxes .

This Guy is the wrong person to ask blink.gif .as he is not up-to date with the scene.

The steps I posted will work for you ...or another competent person to extract the DVD-key from the drive
Looking at the pcb board I canít honestly see anything out of place.........But thatís not to say...I am right? And there could well be damage?

Making a PMT is kids play and you should really head the links I posted ...which will make your life a whole lot easier with the liteon.

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jun 24 2011, 11:45 PM) View Post

Homemade PMT

Regards

Rigger66

Jungleflash Tutorial , apps

Hope you get it sorted mate!! Good Luck!

Regards

Rigger66

Edited by rigger66, 26 June 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#12 szohaib

szohaib

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jun 26 2011, 06:42 PM) View Post

This Guy is the wrong person to ask blink.gif .as he is not up-to date with the scene.

The steps I posted will work for you ...or another competent person to extract the DVD-key from the drive
Looking at the pcb board I canít honestly see anything out of place.........But thatís not to say...I am right? And there could well be damage?

Making a PMT is kids play and you should really head the links I posted ...which will make your life a whole lot easier with the liteon.
Jungleflash Tutorial , apps
Hope you get it sorted mate!! Good Luck!

Regards

Rigger66

Thanks rigger66 for replying to my post

Well, i am more than willing to get this probe made with a switch on it from the electrician i got my first probe made. he is good at his work

but to be fairly honest mate, i am unsure as to what my drive condition is at the moment. I mean, i switch on the xbox it says OPEN TRAY. i place an original xbox360 game into it, it says OPEN TRAY and i think it resprings the dashboard as well taking me again to the same page where it says OPEN TRAY. and the bloddy disc doesnot even rotate. stays still.

I am going to take this down to the repairs shop tomorrow and hopefully ask that person to fix it. Fingers crossed i hope it would be a small repair and not a huge one

Once this is done, i shall update you here mate

and thansk for your interest in replying to this post, seemingly you are the only person who is replying anyways smile.gif
Thank brah

PS: The guide you gave me for the probe doesnot include any resistors and/or transistors as the probe i got made had an NPN transistor attached to the db9 and 2 resistors 1/4watt 1k and 10k ohms.

Kindly update me

Edited by szohaib, 27 June 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#13 rigger66

rigger66

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(szohaib @ Jun 27 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

PS: The guide you gave me for the probe doesnot include any resistors and/or transistors as the probe i got made had an NPN transistor attached to the db9 and 2 resistors 1/4watt 1k and 10k ohms.

Kindly update me

The guide to make the switch I posted is fine ...very easy to make and used in conjunction with the latest JF tutorial (also linked previous) is all you need. Just be very careful when you power on the console (if you are using this for the DVD Drive power) not to short anything.

The open tray problem .could well be a burnt out laser? and that`s why the discs donít spin etc.. But again thatís only a suggestion of what I think it may be? Either way the drive can still eject and close, powers on and can be seen in JF ....So the DVD Key in theory should still be extractable.

Good Luck.

Regards

Rigger66

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users