• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Milloud

Milloud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:34 AM

So I recently had to replace my original xbox with a new slim, and I had a hacked 120gb drive I was using in the old one, and it worked fine. On the new slim however, I get dirty disk errors all the time when playing content from the hard drive or sometimes when I'm installing to the hard drive. I dont think its the hd going bad, it worked just fine on the old xbox and I was doing the same sort of thing. It does it with multiple games, so its not just the disks going bad either, the only way to really play the games is to uninstall them from the hard drive and read off the dvd, which I prefer not to do. I have done a system reformating/cache clearing thing and it doesn't seem to help. This HDD doesn't have the new enclosure designed for the slims memory slot however, its just resting in there connected to the sata connection. I've also noticed when I do get the dirty disk errors and have to go back to the dashboard that when I go look at the hdd contents in memory management, some items show up as a (!) next to the name, instead of the icon that goes with the content, so some sort of read error is going on I suspect, oddly though, its not always related to the game I was playing that crashed, sometimes that icon will show up fine and it will be some other contents icon thats messed up. Its like its got the hiccups, its inconsistent

Has anyone else had this sort of trouble?

#2 ichigoxxx

ichigoxxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

i would recommend to buy and in-clouser for it their really cheap
so the drive doesn't move went it vibrates on loadings it could be many reasons
1.HD is dying
2. Backups are bad
3. Internet Connection (it happened to me on my slim would get dirty disc when i was playing GOW2 online)

Edited by ichigoxxx, 05 August 2011 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users