krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

Ok guys, first of all I know this sounds shit load of fake, but I really have my doubts and it's the main reason why I'm posting here, cause it's one of the most oldest and reliable sources for homebrew on the Microsoft Gaming systems.

Ok, I'm Mexican and I don't have Live, I play on Kai with my JTAG'd system (Kai Tag = nknave)with some friends from MX and some from Colombia.

Suddently the Colombians stated that they have removed the ping limit on the 360, they said they had proof and is working on the Slim. So, they started a chat with a friend of min "Kai Tag = chucho162" where chucho162 recorded the video and than was uploaded to youtube. Video Link below.

So, they stated that they have plans to go into mass production and sell it for $111 bucks or so. Now I know the video is not fake, than again they could of been messing with another JTAG'd system in the background and pretending it was the slim, but Here I post this and let me know what you think.

Could there been some sort of an exploit from the "Manufacturing Mode Trigger" to achieve this?

Thanks and cheers!

Sorry, I tried many code lines to embed the video but no luck :S

Edited by krizalid, 28 June 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

They can't remove the ping limit from the kernel without compromising the HV, and I'm quite certain they didn't manage that. If they have found a way around the ping limit, I think it's more likely that it was accomplished with a MITM setup—and I'm not sure if that's possible as I know absolutely nothing about the 360's network security.

The video is such poor quality and the area surrounding the television basically impossible to distinguish that I find it hard to believe. Does the speaking in the video describe the supposed process they used?

#3 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

Chucho162 said that they'll be remaking the video with much more quality and there will be a brief explanation on how this was acomplish.

since Chucho is not so technical, he didn't fully understand what "Nandurusu (colombian hacker/gamer)" stated.

but it seems like they said that they have some sort of a "CPU denial of service", sounds like a kernel exploit.

If so, than this could mean JTAG all over, but It's true, this video is way to dark.

Once the other video is made I'll update the main thread.

#4 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

would be nice if they did find any sort of kernel exploit. It would be even nicer if it could be expanded on to do more than remove/fool a ping limit.

I however doubt this is the case. I see no reason why someone would spend $111 on a ping remover that could be shutdown at any time by MS, when XBL for 3 years is ~$120 and offers a LOT more gameplay than Xlink/LAN connections, and don't require a computer server running on your LAN when your gaming. Just my opinion. Been almost a month now and no update too.

Maybe if it worked and they sold it for $30 people would be interested.

Edited by ruciz, 26 July 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#5 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

$110 is an awful lot considering you can just reset glitch your console for much less then that lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users