• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 digriz60

digriz60

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

I know, I know. I was in the middle of upgrading XBMC, which I use for my dashboard, and I hit the wrong button and blew it. I had renamed the folder, so now my xecuter2 5035 stops after the flubber sequence. My DVD has not been in the best condition, but I'm currently taking that route of burning a few rescue disks using defualt.xbe or rescue.xbe. So far, no go

My drive is unlocked. It should be simple enough to hook it into my PC and rename the folder back so it will be found, right?

Are there any published button sequences that might help in terms of xecuter booting, looking or not looking for a DVD?

TIA!

#2 Spamwich

Spamwich

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

It has been a while since I have done these sort of things, there are possibly faster/easier ways. Going off what I knew 3 years ago and the fact you have a custom bios, i would suggest...

Slap in slayers and FTP to the box, you can rename anything you know is wrong, personally if an xbox was sent to me doing that, I would wipe the c drive and download the latest build of XBMC and overwrite anything that was there.

Other way, would be of course as you stated, the drive is unlocked so simply open her up and plug her into the computer. Be sure to have a utility able to read the fatx partitions. Once again, if it were me, i would download xboxhdm and the latest xbmc, use xbrowser to clean out the C drive and transfer over the new dashboard.

#3 digriz60

digriz60

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

I thought I'd hit one some trick to get it to use the DVD, but it just keeps stubbornly getting to that point, and it's jumping off to my XBMC dashboard...but for some reason isn't looking in any other location. I'm pretty sure I had three other dashes specified at their right locations...and this rev of 5035 was said to be nearly impossible to not find a dash. BULLETPROOF. POW. Yeah, it's spinning the DVD but not recognizing or wanting to do anything with it.

I've got a few issues with this thing, the DVD has been wobbly for some time with hardware issues, but everything was running fine and it had no problem doing what it needed to do...when I needed to do it.

I can't freaking believe I hit the "exit" button in boxplorer. That called for a few minutes worth of Sad Trombone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users