• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jboy4

Jboy4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

So i finally have gotten to the step to make my western digital hard drive 250gb hd to recieve my files i backed up from my 8gb soft modded xbox hd.

I made the iso file (linux.iso) but here is my problem when i load up the software my keyboard works so i pick function 1 to make the hd.

But when it gets to this next screen explaing what it can do and what to type my keyboard appears to shut off.

i know im suppose to type xboxhd but i cant type anything at all.

it wont let me input anything?

I reloaded the pc and booted into choice 2. the new screen pops up but same problem.

This time my numlock key on the keyboard stays lit but still not able to type anything??

Please help!

PS: re burning the linux file to make sure its not the disc.

#2 3800sc

3800sc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(Jboy4 @ Jun 30 2011, 07:19 PM) View Post

So i finally have gotten to the step to make my western digital hard drive 250gb hd to recieve my files i backed up from my 8gb soft modded xbox hd.

I made the iso file (linux.iso) but here is my problem when i load up the software my keyboard works so i pick function 1 to make the hd.

But when it gets to this next screen explaing what it can do and what to type my keyboard appears to shut off.

i know im suppose to type xboxhd but i cant type anything at all.

it wont let me input anything?

I reloaded the pc and booted into choice 2. the new screen pops up but same problem.

This time my numlock key on the keyboard stays lit but still not able to type anything??

Please help!

PS: re burning the linux file to make sure its not the disc.

USB or PS/2 style keyboard?

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

this occasionaly happens to me when using a usb keyboard on the dell system,
Usually after i do the 1st selection i have to wait an additional 5-10 seconds before the keyboard becomes responsive, if it dosent a reboot usually allows me to type.

#4 Jboy4

Jboy4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

PS/2 i cant get my computer to read my usb on start up. Even when i change it in bios..

Im not new to this stuff. I waited it out for about 10 min and still no go.

I then did a restart hopin this would do the trick but still nothing.

I made a new copy and burnt it at 4X speed still no luck.

Hdmaker is the worst program i have decided. It should be legit being Linux and all but has to many flaws.

If i can get my hands on a Molex power splitter im gonna use chimps to just copy the drive but ill keep trying with hdmaker and let u guys no if i find a fix...!

Any other suggestions would be awesome!

Im gonna go plug both my keyboards in...1 usb and 1 ps2 n see if 1 will work on the typing screen.

#5 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

try XBOXHDM 2.2. you can boot it from USB if your running new hardware, but it also has a CDkicker that allows you to boot from CD and then transfers over to the USB for older hardware that cant boot directly from USB. it can also be made full function bootable CD. its all in the readme.

HeXEn also has a relativley easy way to upgrade HDDs, as long as you can power both the old and new HDD at the same time.

#6 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

I wouldn't suggest 2.2, I was never successful with it.
(although I guess you could try, it left me very frustrated. V1.9 seemed always to do the trick.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users