lordkramdar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hello all, I just wanted to swing by and let anyone with the know-how know that Bungie has made available the source code for Marathon Infinity.

http://infinitysource.bungie.org/

If anyone could port this, that would be amazing. Don't know if anyone's interested and it's way beyond my capabilities to do, but maybe someone wants to check it out.

#2 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

A couple of years back, someone by the user name of A600 claimed to have this game running on the XBox 1, along with some more games and emulators, then he disappeared without a trace. He wasn't a liar, as he'd already delivered some *very* good ports, including Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior 3D, and Descent 1 and 2, all for the XBox, so when he announced the port of Aleph One, no one doubted him. Then he just seemed to disappear. A couple of months back he seems to have resurfaced, or else it's someone else with a similar user name, but if he's the same person, he hasn't mentioned Marathon or his earlier promised stuff, as far as I know.

Anyway, someone called Red Ring of XBox claimed to be working on a port of Marathon, but nothing has yet been made available to us.

If you try to contact A600 to see if he still has the working version of Marathon, then please let us know if you get any reply. I'd love to see what else he still has that he hadn't yet released to us.

See:

Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior:

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t518903.html

Red Ring of XBox's thread about porting Marathon.

http://forums.xbox-s...amp;mode=linear

Something by A600 (who may or may not be the same A600 who did XDuke, XShadow, etc) :

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=730623

#3 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

A600 must be the same guy.
A600 has mysteriously let out a half a doze release within the last few months wink.gif

#4 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Aww more on the Mysterious A600. I wonder why he hasn't posted anything maybe he doesn't want to get asked stupid questions like in some of his old release forums. Shame. Well I for one appreciate his efforts to bring fresh stuff to the xbox. BTW clockface LOL full N64 Emulation on the 360 and ps3 tongue.gif

#5 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(Master13 @ Jul 2 2011, 12:28 PM) View Post

...BTW clockface LOL full N64 Emulation on the 360 and ps3 tongue.gif

Er, what? I don't follow you?

#6 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(Clockface @ Jul 2 2011, 06:52 AM) View Post

Er, what? I don't follow you?

"Clockface
Jun 8 2006, 03:20 AM
Thanks for these! And to think we were worried that the XBox scene would die out when the 360 came along...

I second the request for the ability to remap the controls, but if you don't have the time then don't worry, the controllers are good enough (and we can adjust the Y-axis, thankfully).

Utterly, utterly awesome! DN3D is one of the best games ever, and I bought SW from ebay some time back, but never played it too much, as I dislike mouse and keyboard for gaming, so now I can explore it properly. And I'll have to dig out the ol' DN3D mods too - fantastic.

Come to think of it, if the XBox had a stable, fully compatible N64 emulator, then the XBox would be my favourite console ever. A shame all of them (even the PC ones, aparently) are still so flaky, no disrespect to the authors, I know it's very difficult to emulate the N64, and they have done very well so far. In a few years time, on the 360 or PS3 or whatever, I bet there'll be fully compatible N64 emulation.

Anyway, I'm drifting from my point. I just wanted to say how grateful I am for this, and how much I'm going to enjoy DN3D and SW! I'm looking forward to the release of Painkiller (and maybe Warpath) for the XBox, but these games have me more excited (and these're free, more money left for Irn Bru and chips!).

Thanks again!."
Your post on Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users