X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hello..
Seems like you just cant find the tutorials to do this any more. I have mentioned it a few times but could never find a tutorial to link too.
so i decided to mod one of my extra controllers to demonstrate.

here we go then..

(items needed)
1. xbox controller
2. Usb port or usb male A to female A extention cable
3. solder and soldering iron.
4. Insuation tape, (i always use this stuff)
5. Some means to fix the port to controller. (i use double sided tape)

Ok so I did not have a extention cable. so i riped a famale port out of a old pc case.
I then got some usb cable so the colours are correct for those who are using a usb extention cable I removed the sheilding and and solderd the wires in place.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next i dissasembled a cheap and nasty xbox controller. (I have done this to a official s type controller in the past its the same)
I then removed the plastic that the memory cards plug in to (only the front port 1) and left the prongs showing.
IPB Image
IPB Image

I then solderd the wires to the prongs.. Black. Skip a peg, Green white red.
(sorry about the blury picture)
IPB Image

I then insulated all the wires and prongs using insulation tape, because the memory card attachment on port 1 had now been removed i was able to push the usb adapter through the holder, (you may need to enlarge the hole) and re-assembled the controller
IPB Image

I finaly wraped double sided tape around the usb female adapter And pushed it back in to the memory card slot where it adheared to the plastic.
And finaly i put some insulation tape over the top and cut out a hold for the usb device's to be able to connect..
(i only had blue tape lol..

IPB Image

this is a really fast and easy mod for a controller. it allowsyou to connect usb devices to your xbox and the controller still works.
I use SD card readers and SD cards with it as a memory card, they seem to always work where thumb drives are hit and miss.

This is my fave way of transfering save exploits to a un-moded xbox.

usb extention cables can be found for less than 1 with free shipping on ebay. and most people have a sd card reader and sd cards these days thanx to digital cameras. Only teted on 256mb up to 1gb though.

hope this helps some one some where,
Its a really usefull mod. I can find a controller and cable on ebay for less than a 8mb xbox memory card. So this is definatly more cost effective,

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

No stuid edit function again..
Any way i edited the picture thats blury hopefully this will help

IPB Image

#3 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

here you go bruh..

http://xfusion2010.b...-to-s-type.html

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Cool. some of my pictures came out blury and i could never find a tutorial to link too. Now theres 2 on 1 page smile.gif
I should complain about how i wasted my time lol. But hoestly i have no issues having more than 1 controller with a usb port smile.gif

Thanks for the link.

#5 lilybush

lilybush

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Jul 3 2011, 02:54 PM) View Post

Hello..
Seems like you just cant find the tutorials to do this any more. I have mentioned it a few times but could never find a tutorial to link too.
so i decided to mod one of my extra controllers to demonstrate.

here we go then..

(items needed)
1. xbox controller
2. Usb port or usb male A to female A extention cable
3. solder and soldering iron.
4. Insuation tape, (i always use this stuff)
5. Some means to fix the port to controller. (i use double sided tape)

Ok so I did not have a extention cable. so i riped a famale port out of a old pc case.
I then got some usb cable so the colours are correct for those who are using a usb extention cable I removed the sheilding and and solderd the wires in place.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next i dissasembled a cheap and nasty xbox controller. (I have done this to a official s type controller in the past its the same)
I then removed the plastic that the memory cards plug in to (only the front port 1) and left the prongs showing.
IPB Image
IPB Image

I then solderd the wires to the prongs.. Black. Skip a peg, Green white red.
(sorry about the blury picture)
IPB Image

I then insulated all the wires and prongs using insulation tape, because the memory card attachment on port 1 had now been removed i was able to push the usb adapter through the holder, (you may need to enlarge the hole) and re-assembled the controller
IPB Image

I finaly wraped double sided tape around the usb female adapter And pushed it back in to the memory card slot where it adheared to the plastic.
And finaly i put some insulation tape over the top and cut out a hold for the usb device's to be able to connect..
(i only had blue tape lol..

IPB Image

this is a really fast and easy mod for a controller. it allowsyou to connect usb devices to your xbox and the controller still works.
I use SD card readers and SD cards with it as a memory card, they seem to always work where thumb drives are hit and miss.

This is my fave way of transfering save exploits to a un-moded xbox.

usb extention cables can be found for less than 1 with free shipping on ebay. and most people have a sd card reader and sd cards these days thanx to digital cameras. Only teted on 256mb up to 1gb though.
hope this helps some one some where,
Its a really usefull mod. I can find a controller and cable on ebay for less than a 8mb xbox memory card. So this is definatly more cost effective,

Wow, that's it! you r so wonderful! I wanna follow your steps, but i don't have bought a controller yet, id like to buy this one online.
http://www.geartaker...ampaign=GG0009B

is this ok? is it suitable for updating? OR do u have any other places to buy a better one? Pls give me some advice. Thanx!!

#6 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

I prefer this mod.

#7 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Aug 3 2011, 02:00 AM) View Post

I prefer this mod.

that one's a pretty good. Thanks for the link!

#8 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

No problem. I prefer this mod because with the other mod, if your controller dies, your adapter dies with it. With MU mod, it can be moved from controller to controller. Plus, your controllers can remain unmodified (for value reasons).

#9 caaraa

caaraa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

No stuid edit function again.
IPB Image

#10 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

It doesn't hurt to venture through projects that have already been covered in other tutorials, however usually newly written tuts should at least match the quality of old ones. :/

I'm sorry to say but this is not a good tutorial. At the risk of being harsh, I'll end there. Good job on your project though. It seems to be functional and working. cool.gif

#11 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

just threw it together as a point of reference more than anything smile.gif
couldnt find any online either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic