1 reply to this topic

#1 Phyllusb

Phyllusb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hi,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but the search button gives me an error every time I try to use it.

Anyway, I just bought a 4gb Xbox 360 slim with kinect and I found out the hard way that I can no longer sign into XBL on my old Xbox 360 Pro 20gb model without having to re-download my profile every time. So, I kinda feel like softmodding it and installing some homebrew to use maybe as a media center and wondering if this is possible. In the past, thanks to this forum, I was able to install XBMC on my old Xbox 1 and kinda would like do something similar on the 360, although I hear there is no XBMC for 360. Maybe something similar has come out or will down the road.

Anyway, can someone answer this or point me to a thorough post regarding this issue? I've probably spent the last 2 hours trying to find a guide, but no luck. Thank you.

-Phyllus

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

You should be in the Newbie section. Hopefully a Mod will move this.

You can't find a 360 softmod guide because there is no Xbox 360 softmod. Flash the DVD drive to play backups, or if the old Xbox 360 has a dash version 7371 or lower, and was manufactured on or before 2009-06-18 then you might be able to JTAG it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users