• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mva5580

mva5580

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance here. I'm having a problem with getting Fable running from my HDD. (And yes, it's being installed from the original disc)

I get really garbled video at the beginning, and it just stays that way. None of my button inputs are noticed, nothing. I've tried clearing the cache, and it didn't help any. I have multiple other games installed that run with no problems. Any ideas?

#2 gman060692

gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

What video cables are you using?

#3 LDC Vortex

LDC Vortex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(mva5580 @ Jul 4 2011, 08:34 PM) View Post

Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance here. I'm having a problem with getting Fable running from my HDD. (And yes, it's being installed from the original disc)

I get really garbled video at the beginning, and it just stays that way. None of my button inputs are noticed, nothing. I've tried clearing the cache, and it didn't help any. I have multiple other games installed that run with no problems. Any ideas?

Just Try Re-Copying it to ur HD, maybe it got corrupted, is ur HD running outta space???

#4 mva5580

mva5580

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

Component cables, and my HDD has plenty of space.

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

are you softmodded?
i had a box that i softmodded years ago with hotswapping, when that was done the softmodding process was not too advanced and some of my games did not like to work properly forza wouldnt load saves for example..
All i did to fix it was burn hexen utility to a dvd and used that to reinstall the soft mod.

if you have a large hard disk (over 250gb i think) you may have failed to properly format it using xb partitioner which would result in data corruption.

#6 gman060692

gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

The component cables may be cuasing the issue. There's nothing wrong with the cables it's just sometimes the xbox doesn't select the proper video mode for the cables when launching from the hard drive. I've had problems with JSRF running from my v1.6 xbox's hard drive and causing garbled video with component cables(on composite it worked fine), I had copied it from my JSRF and SegaGT multigame disk so it turned out that if I lauchned it from the menu that was on the disc(copied the entire disk to the hd not just the JSRF folder) it would work fine.

Edited by gman060692, 06 July 2011 - 02:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users