• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 45thAssassin

45thAssassin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

Hi, I have searched everywhere for a solution and have just now made some real progress....

details- I have a softmodded 160gb xbox and was trying to change my dash from evox to xbmc (with v4.51 AID disc)... but, something has gone wrong (apparently some other people online had this same exact problem too)... anyways, after installing... I rebooted my xbox and now am faced with an "Error 13" message...

I finally got my pc to recognize my hdd through hotswapping and xplorer360.... I was faced with partions 0-5... I deleted everything on 2 (don't know what was on there, or why I did it) and ended up getting the 3935 evox dash and injecting it on EVERY partition... I'm not great with such things but I thougt for sure that would cure it... but it still gives me an error 13

if anyone could help, I would be very appreciative

also, on partition 3 I found backup eeprom and anything else that may be useful

----MY MAIN GOAL IS TO GET EVOX BACK ON OR ORIGINAL MS DASHBOARD!

thanks for viewing

I'm now going to try using some sort of rescue disc... original games still load but the AID 4.51 doesn't (may be due to its large size)

if anyone could point me to one that is most effective, I'd be most appreciative

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

AID doesn't work with softmods, and as a result your softmod is now history, and a rescue disc won't help you because an unmodded Xbox won't boot a rescue disc. Start again with Halo 2 (or any other post-2004 live enabled game) to restore the dash by starting to log in to live, then redo your softmod but this time use Krayzie 1.1.1 so you get shadow C protection. Alternatively you could hotswap and use Kingroach NDURE 3.1 plus the stock MS Dash and xboxhdm to redo your softmod - see the link in my signature - softmod with hotswap.

You can also use Xplorer360 to redo the softmod with Kingroach. There's a post by ldotsfan about how to do that, I'm sure you can find it with bit of searching.

Edited by Heimdall, 09 July 2011 - 02:38 AM.

#3 45thAssassin

45thAssassin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

YEEEESSSS!!!!! Before you posted that, it just crossed my mind!.... your comment has given me some confidence and some much needed assurance... I was beginning to run out of tricks to throw at it.... thanks VERY much!

too bad I sold my copy of halo 2.... of to ebay wink.gif

I may try to do the softmod through hotswapping (while I wait for the copy of halo 2 to arrive) smile.gif

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

You don't need Halo 2, just any Live enabled game made after 2004, like Heimdall suggested.

While you have your Xbox HD connected to the PC, copy the eeprom.bin file to a safe location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users