• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WildCard007

WildCard007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

I checked to see if this had been covered over the last year and didn't see anything on it so here is my situation.
I got an Xbox that was being thrown away. When I got it home I found it had a lot of Mod Chip stuff with it.
I found out I have an Xecuter 3 CE chip with most of the parts needed to mod it solder style.
I am buying the Pin Header from Llamma's website but I can't find where to buy the D0/LAN/HDD cables.
If anyone knows where I can buy it at or has one I can give them like $1 or $2 for, I would appreciate it.

In the parts the person had with the xbox, there was a Xapt3r v1.6 No Solder Adapter (I think, I matched it to a picture at www.mod-chip.com) that i won't be using. I would be willing to give this away to someone who needs it, they just have to pay shipping for it. The only thing is it only comes with the screw to the motherboard and the screw to secure the chip to the motherboard screw.

I really appreciate any help I can get.
Thank you.

#2 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

You need the little wire harness that has the three wires (D0, HDD, LAN) on it to plug into the chip.
Probably will be impossible to find if you dont have it though. I suppose you could solder a small wire onto each point that the wire harness would fit into as a work around but that would probably alittle difficult. Here's a picture of what i mean, it's the harness with the Green, Grey and red wire

http://www.xbox-scen...3_pictures.html

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

You actually don't need the cables at all really.
Just ground the D0 and forget about HDD and LAN activity lights. smile.gif

#4 WildCard007

WildCard007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

Nextelhalo - Thank you, the pictures were really good quality. If I can't find what I need, I might try to find the wires and harness separate and see if i can put it together myself. Do you know what size the wires are? I don't know if I will try to solder the individual wires, I'd be nervous to mess up the chip. I do like the idea tho, I might try that if I run out of other options.

Alex548 - Thank you, I didn't know I could keep it that simple. I haven't done stuff this detailed before, so working and learning this stuff is pretty cool. I might use that idea but I love the pretty lights so I might have to try the individual wires Nextelhalo said. Or I could use it as a temporary fix until I found the harness and wires together.

I really appreciate the help.

#5 WildCard007

WildCard007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

I found one place that has the cables I needed.
Here is the location to where it can be bought:

http://secure.llamma...products_id/488

It's $10 for the cable and about $6 for shipping but if you need it, it's worth it.
I still have the Xapt3r v1.6 if anybody is interested in buying it off of me.
Shoot me a PM with your offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users