• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blux

Blux

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Just used HeXEn disc to swap up from my old 80GB to a 320GB. Both are EIDE drives.

I had no problems running through the instructions and using a spare power supply with green/black grounded together to power the second HDD.

Followed all the steps on HeXEn disc and got everything finished. After the final step when it gets ready to boot to unleashx where you can install the shadowc.img stuff it just gets stuck at a black screen.

I had already taken the disc out, but I ejected the drive to put it back and run through the steps again to see if I maybe just missed something.

When I hit the eject button it booted up to the part to install shadowc.img

It went through that all fine and dandy.

Now for some reason every time I boot up my XBox, I get the bubbly goo screen, then just a black screen until I hit the eject button on the DVD drive... After hitting eject it will load up UnleashX no problem...

I used the HeXEn disc to clean up all the installation files, and XBPartitioner to format the drive correctly.

Also on the HeXEn disc when I was still using the old HDD it showed my XBox version as v1.1, now when I boot to the disc it shows the XBox version as v1.4...

Where do I go from here?

BTW I did all this because I am building an Arcade Cabinet and using the XBox to run Coin-Ops, FBA/Legends, and all the best XBox games that can be played with just a joystick and buttons (Soul Calibur 2, etc etc)

Help please!

Edited by Blux, 10 July 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Try using HeXEn to install a completely clean Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod onto the new disk.

#3 Blux

Blux

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jul 10 2011, 08:35 AM) View Post

Try using HeXEn to install a completely clean Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod onto the new disk.

Did that and it works fine now. Thanks!

I also went ahead and took out the locking piece from my DVD drive while I had it apart and cleaned up the inside really well.

No more sticking DVD drive!

Also any idea why I get a black screen after soft resetting my XBox sometimes? Like when I use the back+start+black+white+both triggers method

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

IGR is back + black + LT + RT - no need to press start and white as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users