• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 protek438

protek438

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hi, first post in this forum. Sorry, if this goes to wrong section.

I recently purchased a WD Scorpio Black 250 GB BEKT hd and an empty hd enclosure from DealExtreme. I also purchased the Microsoft hard drive transfer cable.

I used hddhackr to flash the firmware and double checked that the hddss.bin was for the 250 GB drive. Can't remember sure but if I remember correctly, I wasn't prompted to create the partitions. I then installed the hd into the closure

I then backed up my original 20 GB hd's partition 2 and 3 with Xplorer360 Extreme 2. After I had done that, I put the new hd into my Xbox and formatted it. It showed that it had formatted it to 228 GB as expected.

Then I connected the new drive to my computer and viewed it with Xplorer. It showed only partition 1. I proceeded to restore partition 2 into it and after that it was showing partition 2 and 3. I tried to copy partition 3 stuff from my computer to the new hd but that didn't work. I later found out that the copying of partition 3 contents back to hd doesn't work in Win 7.

I then took both hds and connected the new one directly and the old one via the transfer cable to the Xbox. The console prompted me to start the transfer which I did. At that point I was surprised to see that the new drive was now showing 108 GB as free capacity instead of 228 that it had shown after the format!

Now what did I do wrong? Apparently it happened during the partition restoration but how? The new drive works though. It's got all my profile and savegames and even the old Xbox emulation works but the capacity is half of what it should be. Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks!

#2 ichigoxxx

ichigoxxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

it happen to me i was using the wrong hdds.bin get a confirmed hdds.bin for the 250gb drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users