• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 verscott

verscott

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

I bought an xbrdepot uniclamp kit, everything went fine but now the fan runs at full speed soon as it warms up. Very loud and annoying, did i possibly not torque the screws evenly? Any ideas would be great.

#2 saint24

saint24

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

its still overheating probably due to the crap paste they give u

buy some artic silver original and put a very thin layer on, that should sort it

#3 verscott

verscott

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Saw it was crap, used my own artic silver. I may have to mention that the xbox was working fine before hand, just was out of warranty and wanted to play/upgrade with it. The original plan was to upgrade the fan and clean out the old heat sink compound and replace with artic silver. So I figured I would switch out the clamp while I was at it.

Doesn't over heat just the fan, doesnt matter if its the original with a bad bearing or the new one, the fan runs at 100% soon as it gets hot.

Should I remove the uniclamp and go back to xclamps? Any specific torque the screws should be set at?

Thanks!

#4 kenned12003

kenned12003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

i have found finger tight works great, i would suggest removing it and seeing if the heatsinks and making contact you don't need a lot of paste to much can have a negative affect

#5 mikesnowdon

mikesnowdon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

http://forums.xbox-e...xbrdepot#p25725

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users