• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mudpark

mudpark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

I have successfully done hard drive upgrades on softmodded xboxs before, but this time I have run into a problem.

I installed a 500GB HD in the Xbox and when I play video files off the hard drive from the E partition they work and everything plays fine with no problems.

However when I try to play media files off the F partition which is the majority of the hard drive, maybe 7% of the videos will play, but have tracking issues and everything else either wont even start trying to play or will result in a semi-frozen black screen. If I try to use Mplayer instead of DVDplayer the error log says something about a codec.

I have tried to search for solutions to this problem such as adjusting the video cache size, installing a new version of XBMC, installing XBMC to the F partition, and none of this has worked.

Can anyone try to help me solve this issue?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

Did you use XBPartitioner 1.1 to format the F partition?

How much data is on there?

#3 mudpark

mudpark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

I dident use XBPartitioner to setup the drive, I used the NDURE and the XboxHDM CD setup to format and configure the hard drive. And there is a lot of data on their now, at least 100+ gigs, but the F partition was formatted clean before I started transferring files there.

Also the F partition is recognized by XBMC and some (very very few) files will play fine, but the majority wont even start like XBMC does not recognized the file format or something, but if I move the same file to the E partition it plays fine.

Edited by mudpark, 14 July 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

Reformat F with XBPartitioner 1.1, then check the cluster size - see the link in my signature for details.

#5 mudpark

mudpark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:39 AM

Alright thanks for the help, XBPartitioner did the trick, everything works fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users