X-S Young Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi all

New version of this is a new version of easy Freeboot with the ability to "Auto Jtag" the console, along with a few bug fixes, and a little re-skin.

IPB Image

Origernal se7ensins thread

Thanks for looking

Peanut

#2 ars0n

ars0n

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

Can we use current nand image to create the updated image? Or must we use 9199 or below?

#3 sneakypeanut

sneakypeanut

X-S Young Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(ars0n @ Jul 15 2011, 03:31 AM) View Post

Can we use current nand image to create the updated image? Or must we use 9199 or below?

u can use the current nand image

#4 ars0n

ars0n

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

Thank you sir! Pretty slick program! Will have to try out the jtag my xbox when I get a new one in.

#5 OzModChips

OzModChips

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

"Cpukey grab (experimental)"

How does that work exactly?

#6 nelks

nelks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Will this tool allow you to upgrade a previously JTAG'd unit to the latest modified dash? I have a unit that has a bad block when I dump the NAND. In the past when I have tried to dump and update it with Flash360 and Toolbox Maker, it never flashes back correctly and I have to take it back to the shop to get fixed. However, I can dump and update other people's units that do not have that bad block. sad.gif If I can use this to make that task easier, it would be great? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

#7 ploggy

ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Jul 15 2011, 04:37 PM) View Post

"Cpukey grab (experimental)"

How does that work exactly?

That caught my interest too.

#8 sneakypeanut

sneakypeanut

X-S Young Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(ploggy @ Jul 15 2011, 08:34 PM) View Post

That caught my interest too.

stick a old freeboot image in and it should get the cpu key from that tongue.gif

#9 pudink

pudink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(nelks @ Jul 15 2011, 07:15 PM) View Post

Will this tool allow you to upgrade a previously JTAG'd unit to the latest modified dash? I have a unit that has a bad block when I dump the NAND. In the past when I have tried to dump and update it with Flash360 and Toolbox Maker, it never flashes back correctly and I have to take it back to the shop to get fixed. However, I can dump and update other people's units that do not have that bad block. sad.gif If I can use this to make that task easier, it would be great? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

I wonder if we can update our 12625 to 13146 with this one,anyone who could simply put it through step by step would be greatly appreciated.

#10 Redx508

Redx508

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

smc detection is good if you don't know what jtag wiring you have nice update Just load your nand you have on your xbox now and it will use that SMC

#11 ploggy

ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(sneakypeanut @ Jul 15 2011, 09:51 PM) View Post

stick a old freeboot image in and it should get the cpu key from that tongue.gif

That's cool, I have problems booting to xell with a couple of my jtags so that feature will help smile.gif

#12 notstarman

notstarman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

I currently have a XBR 3.0 Jtag Falcon using the directions from 2009. Can I assume that the correct SMC settings is stock?

I have both the Cpu key and the stock bin file. When I run the program I get a cannot detect SMC version message.

What does SMC version mean and how do I tell what version I have?

Edited by notstarman, 16 July 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#13 Midnight Tboy

Midnight Tboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(Redx508 @ Jul 16 2011, 02:18 AM) View Post

smc detection is good if you don't know what jtag wiring you have nice update Just load your nand you have on your xbox now and it will use that SMC

could this app actually tell you what smc method was used, from looking at a dump of the current nand image? Would be handy to be noted down for future reference rather than waiting/relying for future applications to have a same/similar automate feature?

My xenon I did myself (standard) but my jasper box was bought pretagged and notta clue by what method (would rather not take it apart to find out either tbh)

#14 Redx508

Redx508

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Jul 16 2011, 08:55 PM) View Post

could this app actually tell you what smc method was used, from looking at a dump of the current nand image? Would be handy to be noted down for future reference rather than waiting/relying for future applications to have a same/similar automate feature?

My xenon I did myself (standard) but my jasper box was bought pretagged and notta clue by what method (would rather not take it apart to find out either tbh)

yes it did know what smc method was used when you load your nand and set the smc detection mode

#15 Midnight Tboy

Midnight Tboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

hmmm not sure if this is right

I tested creating an image....using the backed up freeboot nand I was given on the CD when I got the jasper.

Firstly, it says "Previous SMC Used Is : Stock". Now when I pm'd the guy, he wasn't entirely certain, but did seem to think that mine may have been an audclamp method of wiring.

Anyways.....when I press Yes, and then save the updflash file, it launches "360 Flash Dump Tool" opening the new file....but it stops there.....all the Key Vault info on the right hand side says "Bad Key/KV" Any ideas?

-----

edit : aah might be me misreading the info. If I launch 360 Flash Dump Tool manually (have never used this tool before) and open up the original freeboot.bin I was given......it still says the same Bad Key/KV info.

So am I right in thinking then that this is the last step and the process doesnt auto close this window?

Also, is there any way to check/see if jasper nand has got bad blocks in? I know how to do it with old xenon nands from the very early methods, but dont believe the older programs were compatable with newer nands like jaspers etc

Edited by Midnight Tboy, 17 July 2011 - 02:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users