• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adam120674

adam120674

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Did a search couldn't fine the answer I was looking for. I have a jtagged xbox that a bought from someone else. I updated it to the new dashboard 12611. Just ordered a kinect, my problem is , my backups are on a 1tb external hdd connected to the usb. I think I'm going to need it to hook up the kinect. Can I put a usb hub on it and the xbox with recognize both? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question-I'm a noob

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Have you used all of your USB ports already? I honestly don't think you can use a hub with a Kinect due to its bandwidth requirements, but there are 3 USB ports on the 360s, and you can use any of them with any USB device compatible with the 360. Xbox.com confirms my suspicions regarding USB hub use and the Kinect.

#3 xXXBOXxHACKERXx

xXXBOXxHACKERXx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jul 14 2011, 07:44 PM) View Post

Have you used all of your USB ports already? I honestly don't think you can use a hub with a Kinect due to its bandwidth requirements, but there are 3 USB ports on the 360s, and you can use any of them with any USB device compatible with the 360. Xbox.com confirms my suspicions regarding USB hub use and the Kinect.

ive used a pelican airflow cooller witha 4 port usb hub and it workks on my jtag. i would recomend using this if it is a xenon console:

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

You could use one, but it's not recommended because of the bandwidth requirements for the Kinect and the limitations of USB.

#5 xXXBOXxHACKERXx

xXXBOXxHACKERXx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jul 14 2011, 09:06 PM) View Post

You could use one, but it's not recommended because of the bandwidth requirements for the Kinect and the limitations of USB.

id aggree since when i did it the kinect lot fps so no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users