#1 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hello, Im a new member to this forum, but i have been reading threads on it for about 4 years now. Ive been modding xboxs and xbox controllers for about three years now, first starting with the

a simple matrix 1 button rapid fire

a 555 timer rapidfire mod

a simple 555 rt y y jitter mod

a picaxe 14m mod with multiple modes and on controller adjustable speed settings, and it used the right trigger to activate the mod instead of an external button.

A picaxe 18m2 mod with the same specs as the 14m, but in addition it controlled the right analogue stick using pwm and low pass filters, it used the parallel tasks to simultaneously control both axis's, but the problem was that it was difficult to adjust the timing if the the two axis's needed to run a sine wave at different rates. I plan to use dual 08m2s to more effectively control the analogue stick, one for each axis.

and now Im working on an 08m2 mod

With this 08m2 mod im using a wired CL type controller, because it has easy to access tp points, and a relatively simple mother board with large ground plane areas.

I am using the surface mount version of the 08m2 and I am mounting is directly on a small un-populated area of the board. I used a small screwdriver to carve out an area of the ground plane in order to make my own circuit on the existing board. essentially the chip is mounted on the board of the controller, and then small 30 gauge sold core wire is used to connect the 08m2 onto the tp points for LT RT X Y, and for V+ and Ground, two external buttons, and of course serial in and out for the download circuit.

In addition the buttons and download socket will be mounted using hot glue to the main board so that the top and bottom shell can be removed and replaced easily for future modification. I can't figure out how to post pictures, so if some one can tell me that would be great and i can post what i have done so far.

so far i have carved out the little circuit that the 08m2 will be mounted to on the back of the controllers board, on the other side of where the a b y x buttons are, but i cant do anything further until my chips arrive from the UK.

Edited by aduy, 17 July 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#2 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

the 08m2 schematic
IPB Image

sorry about the mislabeled pins, here are the actual pin labels.
IPB Image

a view of the whole board sitting in the top shell. if you can see the small 8 pin chip in the bottom right of the
controller's board that is the same size as the smd 08m2
IPB Image

the little soic 8 smd mount i carved out with a flathead screwdriver the reason its black around the edge is because
i used a sharpie on it, its not glued in, i actually carved out the soic 8 smd mount out of the ground plate, and you
can tell, because the tinned leads of the soic 8 mount have the little matrix in them.
IPB Image

Edited by aduy, 17 July 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#3 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

just thought of something. does anyone know when the CL controller was released, and also did they have versions of the matrix controllers that had the colored shell?

#4 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

hmm i thought this forum was still active... well time to go back to the picaxe forum!

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Talk about impatient, this isn't a live help chat room, it's a forum. You might get a reply in an hour, might be a few weeks, depends on what you ask, who reads it and if they have time to reply or not, at any rate, that kind of attitude only helps people not want to help you, especially when the info is online for you to look up yourself.

As far as the CL goes, you'll have to call M$ and ask them when it was shipped off to retailers, that's the only way you'll get an exact date. I started seeing them in late 07, and most of the Black Wired controllers that are out now have the CL board in them, but you'll see a Matrix every now and then. With the release of the Wireless Matrix 2 version there could be a newer Matrix version board out in the Wired controllers as well, but until someone opens one up and sees it then it may show up later or it could stay the CL version.

As far as ones that are known to have the CL version board, any that end in -005 or -006 should have the CL board, while -007 is the older Matrix version.

#6 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Sorry for being impatient, but on many other forums that i am part of, i often get replies within minutes, not days. thanks for the reply though. and Im farily certain that all wired controller's with the chrome guide button are the cl type. I have bought 2 so far to mod and they were both cl. just curious but has anyone ever carved out a little pcb in the ground plane like i did, or is this sort of a new thing.

#7 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

did you delete my comment on your thread about the new cl controller?

#8 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Yes, because it's been answered here how to tell if it should be a CL or not. There are still some Matrix floating around in the newer Black controllers, just depends, but the majority will be the CL, or whatever new version board M$ decides to make, if they ever do.

You've carved out pads for an SOIC-8, that's not a PCB, just a place to mount an IC, and it's far more work than most people would go about doing for a R/F mod as the 'dead bug' method is much easier and faster. Leaving the GND pad attached to the 360 board would have made it a bit more useful as it would have been 1 less wire to mess with after installing the chip. A similar method has been done over at the AM forums on the CG2 board using the empty U4 spot to mount the IC.

#9 aduy

aduy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

interesting about using the unused pads on the cg2. phew! just avoided a major catastrophe. i accidentally cut the cl trace for the left analogue stick unknowingly, but i looked your picture of the cl wired board and was able to re connect it to the one used by the left trigger. oh btw im not even going to use that little pad i carved out, because the whole reason i carved it out was because my shipment of soic-8 to dip 8 was supposed to be delayed 2 weeks, but it showed up today. ill just glue it to the board somewhere and it will have all of the holes to solder directly into. awesome. also its not just rapidfire it does the xyy jitter as well. i discovered it when doing a regular jitter and pressing x repeatedly. its cool for shotguns and i even made a custom program for the china lake, which makes do a 2 round burst, or 4 in campaign.

#10 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(aduy @ Jul 17 2011, 06:16 PM) View Post

the 08m2 schematic
IPB Image

sorry about the mislabeled pins, here are the actual pin labels.
IPB Image
a view of the whole board sitting in the top shell. if you can see the small 8 pin chip in the bottom right of the
controller's board that is the same size as the smd 08m2
IPB Image

the little soic 8 smd mount i carved out with a flathead screwdriver the reason its black around the edge is because
i used a sharpie on it, its not glued in, i actually carved out the soic 8 smd mount out of the ground plate, and you
can tell, because the tinned leads of the soic 8 mount have the little matrix in them.
IPB Image

Hi guys, I have had trouble tracking what happened to the thread that developed the design above,(ie, the 08m2 or 14m2 thread, this isn't one of those dodgy sites that removes threads to steal and sell the content, so I know it must be around here somewhere.. wink.gif I'm just wanting some technical info, CL voltages etc, also wondering a bit more about how u made the soic mount and are u just using it as a break-out board?

Also I was wanting to check out the latest code and how far the various mods have gone..

Really appreciate any help thanx guyz...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users